Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    BiWiccanAndProud's Avatar
    BiWiccanAndProud Posts: 530, Reputation: 25
    Senior Member

    Feb 19, 2011, 03:47 PM
    Word Processor is "erasing" my letters when I type. How do I fix this?
    Okay so I actually figured this problem out for once but now somehow my Word Processor has made it where it is doing this stupid crap again and I can't seem to figure it out again. Here's what's happening.

    When I type it's just fine but if say I notice a typo a paragraph up that I missed and I go back to fix it by deleting something and type a letter then the letter I type replaces the letter in front of it. Example: I spell "that" "tht" and go up to fix it, I type "a" between the "h" and "t" and the "a" replaces the "t" so the word is now spelled "tha" rather then "that". If say the word "cat" is after "that" and I type the "t" to finish off "that" then the "t" will eat the space so now there is no space and I have "thatcat" and so on and so forth.

    How do I remove this feature? As someone writing a book it is about 10 seconds away from driving me crazy!

    Edit: Sorry if my explanation is slightly confusing with all the "
    ScottGem's Avatar
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

    Feb 19, 2011, 03:54 PM

    Press the Insert key. You probably pressed it by accident which set overtype mode. In overtype mode what you type replaces the current character.
    BiWiccanAndProud's Avatar
    BiWiccanAndProud Posts: 530, Reputation: 25
    Senior Member

    Feb 20, 2011, 08:43 AM

    Omg thank you!!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

"Form" placed in "Microsoft Access" can be accessed from a "Button" in "VB.Net" App [ 1 Answers ]

Hi All, Actually, I'm not very well in programming but a task is assigned to me related to .Net. Basically, there is a database in Microsoft Access. I have made forms in it which are based on queries to retrieve required results. I have also made graph of it. Now, I have to merge this...

Convert A.Illustraor "letterhead" file to Word file to type letters in [ 2 Answers ]

Hi there, I have created a letterhead template/file in Adobe Illustrator in colour. I know I can "convert to Word file" in Illustrator, but the images (logo, text) come out a bit fuzzy and unclean. I want to be able to open the letterhead in Word so that I can type letters directly on the...

How do I use the word "abide" or "bide". [ 3 Answers ]

Hello Guys! I am attempting to write a poem. The closing line is " I shall find better suited tenants to abide my house." Is my use of "abide" correct, or should it be "bide" or even "abode." Thanks in advance for your help!

Word XP - Tab/ruler measurement is "ch". What is "ch"? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi Guys I'm actually an advanced Word user but I'm scratching my head over what seems to be a very basic (but frustrating) issue after recently installing Word XP/2002. :confused: Note: I'm in Australia so I use metric. If you're using inches, 1.27cm = 1/2 inch. Not that it matters! I've...

View more questions Search