Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    123456's Avatar
    123456 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Jan 14, 2003, 05:59 AM
    File permissions
    Dear Expert,


    I have a MS Word document uploade to an e-mail folder for 'safe' keeping a while ago. Now downloaded on to desktop and or floppy, I am unable to open it with the following suggestions being offered by the computer:

    >The document name or path is not valid.
    >Try these suggestions:
    >* Check the file permissions for the document or drive
    >* Use the file open dialog box to open the document

    Please advise as to how I may open the document.


    Kind regards,

    ScottGem's Avatar
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

    Jan 23, 2003, 10:49 AM
    File permissions
    Try right clicking the file and selecting Properties and check the Attributes. Then launch Word and use File>Open to open the file.
    phantom1880's Avatar
    phantom1880 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Dec 1, 2004, 02:02 AM
    Read-Only File on CD
    I have a similar problem and got the same error message. Except I could not change the setting by right clicking on the file and unclick the read-only box because my files are burned to a CD while I was backing up the files from the hardrive.

    Is there anyway to burn to files from CD back to a hardrive so I can change the property of the file? :(

    Help please! :confused:

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Windows XP - File Permissions [ 1 Answers ]

So, the other day I finally got bored with "simple file sharing" in windows XP and disabled it so I could actually set permissions on files. My intentions where to disable the guest account from accessing my development folders with all my source code and stuff... I accidentally selected the wrong...

How to file on OPT + H1B [ 7 Answers ]

I was on OPT from Jan 2005 to May 2005 and on H1B from June 2005 onwards. My husband is on H1B and we have a 12 year old son who is my dependent in papers. What is the best way for us to file our taxes and what are the deductions we can claim. I am an Indian citizen. Do we file a join return or...

F1/OPT how to file? [ 3 Answers ]

I graduated in May of 05 with a MBA and have been on my OPT since then. Iím not sure how to file my taxes and what forms to use. Also, being an Austrian citizen I am not sure if there is a tax treaty between Austria and the US, and if there is, how that will affect how I need to file. I have...

If I file 1040NR, do I file state as nonresident? [ 1 Answers ]

The title says it all-I worked in several states but I am foreigner. Does that mean that I file state taxes as non-resident as well?

View more questions Search