Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    MimiGirl's Avatar
    MimiGirl Posts: 141, Reputation: 0
    Junior Member

    Jan 14, 2008, 01:39 PM
    Vaginal Infection
    I have a situation-the thing is that lately I have been getting really bad vaginal infections and it usually happens or starts on the same week of my period.. this usually happends before getting my menstruation because after I get my period it stops.. I am going to the doctor to check that out this weekend but I was kind of searching for some answers before.. I had family members tell me that it might be because I don't drink that much water and more diet coke (but honestly I have been seeing myself drink more h2o than anything else)They also mentioned that it might be the type of ink(color) underwear I wear(which I was thinking that it might be that but isn't sure).. I was also thinking that it even might be the when my partner and I are closely together intimatly-i honestly don't know what it might be but Iam beginning to hate it.. ive never had this before- this all began when I began to have sexual intercourse with my boyfriend I don't want to blame him cause I know he's clean--I also noticed that the pain stops a little when I tend to drink water.. can someone please help?
    twinkiedooter's Avatar
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

    Jan 14, 2008, 02:07 PM
    You have the classic symptons of a candida yeast infection throughout your body. It creeps up and comes to a head when you have your period. Quite common. Your dr should be able to give you rx to rid this candida out of your system. You got this from you boyfriend as he got it from someone who had it. This is how it is spread from woman to woman through guys! He needs to take a course of the medicine as well as you will keep getting this back again and again from him. Panties have nothing to do with it either! Stop feeding the yeast any kind of sugar. Until this candida goes away cut back on refined sugar. Do not drink diet drinks either as they are not good for you and cause different problems. Plain water is best to drink overall.

    Discuss this with the dr and he will tell you that boyfriend needs to be treated. It is not his fault. The candida yeast is a teeny tiny thing and can easily live for quite awhile in the men's ureter and he does not show any outward signs of infection. Quite common. Don't blame him. Just tell him that you both need to get rid of this candida before continuing on in bed with the olympics LOL.
    nickaren's Avatar
    nickaren Posts: 3, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Jan 14, 2008, 02:08 PM
    The fact that you can coorelate this with you period is interesting. Sometimes just before your period women get a increase in there sexual urge and you might be getting some friction irritation. If that's the case then using a personal lubricate such as Astroglide may help. If you are on the pill there could be a hormonal change that is causing some atrophy or dryness and a personal lubricate will help as well. It is good to see your doctor though to rull out any sexually transmitted disease. If you are using condoms try using the ones without spermacide. The ninoxyl-9 is very irritating to women. You may also have a latex sensitivity if using condoms and then a natural lamb skin condom should be better, though more expensive. Discuss these options with you doctor and good luck
    EIFS EXPERT's Avatar
    EIFS EXPERT Posts: 126, Reputation: 8
    Junior Member

    Jan 14, 2008, 02:25 PM
    Before you accuse your boyfriend of cheating on you take pause and read up on yeast infections. My girlfriend drinks cranberry juice for some of the symptoms you've mentioned.
    and24's Avatar
    and24 Posts: 9, Reputation: 2
    New Member

    Jan 14, 2008, 08:11 PM
    My bet would be that it's a yeast infection. I've had several in my life and they've all been different, but the classic symptoms are: Unbearable itching and discomfort inside, and a thick, white discharge. If you've never been diagnosed with a yeast infection before, you should see a doctor. Otherwise, there is over-the-counter medications.
    Also... Cranberry juice helps prevent/cure urinary tract infections (UTIs) not yeast infections =) If it's a UTI, you'll feel urgency to urinate, frequency, and intense pain while going to the bathroom.
    Good luck!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Vaginal bump? [ 1 Answers ]

I have had sex with another partner recently and one week after I noticed a different discharge and a small flesh coloured bump around my vaginal opening. However, I treated it as an yeast infection and the discharge went away. My period followed and when it was over the bump was still there. So I...

Vaginal Discharge [ 10 Answers ]

I have a yellow vaginal discharge, is this serious?

Vaginal bumps [ 4 Answers ]

I been having one bump on the out side of my vagina and it hurts for me to touch it but its only that one and it just keeps coming and going I have just have a pap smar 6 months ago and one year before that and all is normal what can this be? :confused:

Vaginal orgasms [ 1 Answers ]

Hey, Me and my girlfreind have been messing around a lot and I usually stimulate her to get her to orgasm. Last night I put my finger inside her for the first time and stimulated her at the sam time. She said that it was an overwhelming sensation and she had me stop cause she wasn't sure what...

Vaginal infection [ 4 Answers ]

I am really worried, I've noticed a lump on the side of my vagina. It hurts a lot when I touch it, do u know what it is and how to treat it?

View more questions Search