Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    melissa1 Posts: 129, Reputation: 5

May 21, 2007, 07:07 AM
    No periods for 10 months
    Hello I have a 11 1/2 month old baby and only had 2 periods since I had her, I went straight back on birth control after I had her and come off after 2 months as me and ny partner wanted to try for baby number 2! Ever since coming off the pill I haven't had a period. We have been to the doctors on many occasions who diagnosed an underactive thyroid and put me on medication but now all my hormones are normal again. He sent me for a scan on my ovaries and the test showed there was nothing wrong but he doesn't no why I am not having periods and it is really confusing as the only thing I want is to be pregnant again. He has ruled out pcos and the next thing on the cards is my partner has to do a semen sample if that comes back fine then he is going to send us to the fertility clinic.
    Has anybody got any ideas on why my periods have stopped and can you still get pregnant without having periods? How do I know if I am still ovulating any help would be appreciated
    Thank you
    Melissa
    MummaCrash Posts: 136, Reputation: 19

May 21, 2007, 07:29 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by melissa1
    hello i have a 11 1/2 month old baby and only had 2 periods since i had her, i went straight back on birth control after i had her and come off after 2 months as me and ny partner wanted to try for baby number 2! ever since coming off the pill i havent had a period. we have been to the doctors on many occasions who diagnosed an underactive thyroid and put me on medication but now all my hormones are normal again. he sent me for a scan on my ovaries and the test showed there was nothing wrong but he doesnt no why i am not having periods and it is really confusing as the only thing i want is to be pregnant again. he has ruled out pcos and the next thing on the cards is my partner has to do a semen sample if that comes back fine then he is going to send us to the fertility clinic.
    has anybody got any ideas on why my periods have stopped and can you still get pregnant without having periods? how do i know if i am still ovulating any help would be appreciated
    thankyou
    melissa
    Hi Melissa,

Firstly wanted to wish you and your partner good luck.

Secondly, I personally think that it is definitely possible to fall pregnant without having a menstrual cycle for so long.
    Especially with breastfeeding Mothers.
    melissa1 Posts: 129, Reputation: 5

Jun 29, 2007, 06:27 AM
    Hello everyone it has been a few weeks since I posted my question just wanted to ask a few more things
    Yesterday I went shopping and had a really bad pain it felt like something like exploded inside me and I just felt like I had to get home fast, this was at about 2pm, then on the night time I went to the toilet and was bleeding. Since the bleeding it stopped straight away and still no more bleeding today, I just wanted peoples opinions on what they thing it could be. Could it be a sighting of my period coming back after nearly a yr? Maybe a miscarriage? Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    Thank you
    Melissa

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I have not got my periods for 2 months now! [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have not got my periods for 2 months now!! I went to the DR's and He said it's just because I have moved and being a big interstate move by myslef sometime you just don't get them. I'm 24 and got my periods when I was like 11 and I've never skipped one in my life. I was on the pill for 5...

F1 opt for 5 months h1b for 7 months [ 1 Answers ]

f1 OPT for 5 months H1b for 7 months How to file my Federal tax returns.

Heavy Periods, then Two periods? Emotional! [ 2 Answers ]

I have always had normal periods until now. I just turned 36 on Jan. 11, 2007. During Oct & Nov of 06 my monthly cycle was normal expect that I noticed I had heavy bleeding and more cramping. (heavy meaning soaking 1 or more tampon per hour). Dec was back to normal. Great. Well happy birthday to...

Worked 6 Months In Ca And 5 Months In Ny [ 3 Answers ]

Can I file separately if I lived and worked in CA 6 months and moved to NY 6months and worked 5 months here? Is it better to file a certain way in this situation

View more questions Search