Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dakota182 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 6, 2014, 12:52 AM
    I have had strep throat for 3 days on meds for 3 days and no relief
    I have had strep throat for 3 days on medicine for 3 days and a penacillin shot I am not feeling any better and now my ears are hurting what can I do?
    bidingmytime Posts: 92, Reputation: 13

Jul 7, 2014, 08:04 PM
    First of all, finish your antibiotics... Second of all, don't eat anything sweet or with sugar, including juice. Sugar lowers your immune system. Third, try eating hot soup, like Chicken noodle, salt helps sore throat a lot, bacteria can't live in a salty environment.

Fourthly, and I know this sounds crazy, but it will help, eat raw onion. You know how when you cut a raw onion it will make you cry? Well those same fumes really help sore throats.

5th, make sure you are getting plenty of rest, lack of sleep also hurts immune systems.

6th, aspirin or any other anti inflammatory drug will greatly reduce the pain, I recommend taking some kind aspirin or tylenol before bed, night seems to be the worst time.

Finally, if you are doing all this and if things just keep getting worse, go to the dr again and switch meds.

My guess is that an anti-inflamatory will also reduce pain in your ears.

I am not a dr, but I have had more sore throats and strep throats than the average person, these are some of things I have learned over the years that can help with this.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sore throat 7 days [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, and thank you fir taking time to read this. I've had a sore throat now for 7 days and am wondering what it means when I tested negative for strep. This morning I felt the throat pain had moved to the roof of my mouth and it felt as though there were blisters on the roof. Has anyone...

Been having a STREP-like sorethroat for 9 days, it keeps changing, what to do? [ 3 Answers ]

I've already gone to the doc and he gave me antibiotics. But I read in the internet and it says usually this goes away like in 1 week. And mine is persistent. So I don't know. So, to make it clear In the beginning it was very painful throat pain when swallowing. Then after going to the doc and...

Strep throat meds and yeast infections. [ 6 Answers ]

So, here's the deal. 12 days ago I caught strep throat from a girl at work. I got medication from the hospital here in town on New Years Eve. I started them that night. The bottle says '30 CAP APO AMOXI 500MG'. Out of the thirty pills I only took 14. During this time, a sore opened up on the inside...

Sore throat for 5 DAYS NOW! [ 14 Answers ]

I have had a sore throat for about 5 or 6 days now. Its getting better but its only on one side of my mouth, on the left side, and my left tonsil is swollen. Almost every time I swallow it hurts, not a lot but it still has a little pain. I didn't go to the doctor yet, I've told my mom several times...

View more questions Search