Ask
    havefaith2013 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Oct 12, 2012, 03:36 PM
    Does depo provera cause weight gain?
    Have you ever been on depo peovera and gained weight
    Sarahjane88 Posts: 23, Reputation: 1

Oct 12, 2012, 03:51 PM
    Many women experience weight gain and there's some who don't
    But I was the unluckily ones n sadly I did gain weight also I came off it straight away x
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Oct 12, 2012, 04:06 PM
    Weight gain is a common symptom of DepoProvera.

Oct 12, 2012, 04:08 PM
    How soon did you start gaining weight after your first shot and how much did you gain?

Oct 12, 2012, 04:53 PM
    Well let just say this I had dupo injection in May I came of it in end of aug and It didn't take me long to put on weight I'd say about month or so I put on 2 stone which ima try get rid of and now I got to wait for ma period to start which could take up to a year :(

Oct 12, 2012, 04:58 PM
    Where you small before you got the shot because I have heard that girls that are small gain the most weight and fast?

Oct 12, 2012, 05:23 PM
    Um I wasn't small no I was size 14/16 now I'm 18/20 uk size
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Oct 12, 2012, 05:44 PM
    To the OP. Every woman is different. Asking someone else what their experience was, isn't going to help you determine what your experience will be.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Depo provera [ 2 Answers ]

I have been off depo provera for 7 months now and haven't ovulated yet. But have my periods but no ovulation yet. And me and my fiancé are trying to have a baby. And I don't know when I am able to ovulate. What can I do?

Depo provera [ 4 Answers ]

I had a shot of depo last jan'10, it is my first shot, and was due last march and I did not come back for another shot, I had a normal menstruation last April, is there a lot of chances for me to get pregnant?

Depo shot and weight gain [ 3 Answers ]

Is it true that everybody on the depo gains weight or does it depend on your body and how your body reacts to it?

Depo Provera and weight gain [ 1 Answers ]

When I was 16, I was diagnosed with a severe case of endometriosis. I had laparoscopic surgery do diagnose it. Afterwards, my Gyno put me on Depo Provera to help prevent it from happening again. He said I will need to be on it until I decide I want to get pregnant. Well before I got on the shot I...

Depo Provera [ 3 Answers ]

I was on the Depo shot for a little over a year. I was put on it to try and stop abnormal bleeding. I have recently read on many sites that you should not even take depo if you have unknown bleeding. anyways, i always had abnormal periods and when i was on the shot i didnt get my period at all. ...

View more questions Search