Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    megangonzalez Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Mar 1, 2007, 12:41 PM
    Birth control and menstrual cycle stopped
    I had been on birth control (orthoevra) for about 2 years. I stopped in August or September of 2006. I have had my period since then, but the last time I actually had it was December 18, 2006. So two months later still waiting, and taking 2 pregnancy tests both coming up negative, I still have not had my period. I have also had some stress but not extreme. What could possibly be the reason I have not had my period? Is it stress? Could it be the birth control? Please help I have asked this question getting some different answers, just need a few more opinions.:confused:
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Mar 1, 2007, 01:04 PM
    It is not uncommon at all to have delayed or otherwise irregular cycle after getting off birth control. I would not worry about it at all.

Stay tuned, though, we do have some excellent Health experts here that will probably pipe in shortly.
    megangonzalez Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Mar 3, 2007, 01:04 PM
    I still have not had my period, Ive noticed that I have put on some weight gain mostly around the midsection. My eating habits have not changed except in the last 2 weeks I have been trying to eat healtier, but even eating healtier Im still gaining weight? Sometimes I get slight cramping like my period is going to come but nothing:( I am moody a lot of the time, but maybe its because I work two jobs and get no sleep. I am only 23 by the way, don't know if that makes a difference. I do need some guideness. I am planning on going to the doctor to get a blood test done, but its not until march 13, I'm not sure if I should go in any earlier than that?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Menstrual cycle [ 4 Answers ]

March 9th my period started and it was normal.around the 25th-31st of march I have been spotting and feeling a little crampy,what do you think is happening,and this is the first it has ever done this.

Menstrual cycle after pregnancy [ 3 Answers ]

I just had a baby 12 weeks ago, my husband and I have had sex, my 2nd period isn't normal, could I be pregnant? Or are periods not right after pregnancy?

Birth control [ 2 Answers ]

How long does it take to start your period when you come of birth control. I was taking it for 4 months and my period would always start the next day or two. I quit taking it for good to try and get pregnant. Its been 3 weeks today that I stopped taking it. Does this mean I'm pregnant.

Just stopped birth contol [ 1 Answers ]

I was on Yaz starting October 26, the day after my period ended, for a total of 11 days before the side effects were just too much. The day after I stopped taking the pills I had a light brown/watery discharge that lasted for about 4 days. I have yet to get my period when before I was normally a...

On Menstrual cycle for 12 days [ 5 Answers ]

Hello!! I hope everyone is doing great! Well I have been on my period for 12 days. I missed my period for two months. I Had a baby 7 months ago, so I was thinking is was due to that. But know I'am concerned

View more questions Search