Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mzmouse22 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 14, 2006, 09:52 AM
    Irregular cycle
    The last time I got my period was back around aug. 17... it lasted for a about a week or so and I haven't had it since. I took a couple of home pregnancy tests and they all came back negative. I just went and took a blood test and still negative. However I still have some pregnancy symptoms. Sore and tender breasts, tired more than usual, change in the amount of food I normally eat, and more frequent headaches. I'm not sure what's going on with my body and it kind or scary because if I'm not pregnant what could it be?? Is there still a possibility out there? This would be my first pregnancy if I am... could someone please help me??

Confused
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Nov 14, 2006, 10:19 AM
    When was the blood test performed?

The blood test is more sensitive to HCG and should be a pretty good indicator... if you were 2 months pregnant id be surprised a blood test wouldn't pick up the hormones. The home tests can be iffy early on, since there is a range of sensitivity from manufacturer to manufacturer and in that first month you simply may not have enough hormone in your system to be detected.

But again... this is a longer period here... my understanding is the blood test can sometimes be accurate within a week of conception... so, again, id be shocked if you were potentially 2 mo pregnant. And still no blood +. The hormone levels in the blood double every couple of days early in pregnant, so you are probably assured that you are not pregnant.

I can't tell you what the symptoms might be due to. Others here may be of help.

Nov 14, 2006, 10:23 AM
    In addition to my question... my period is not normal and someone told me that I can ovulate at any time... is that true too?
    JuJuB Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 14, 2006, 10:34 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by mzmouse22
    the last time i got my period was back around aug. 17...it lasted for a bout a week or so and i havent had it since. i took a couple of home pregnancy tests and they all came back negative. i just went and took a blood test and still negative. however i still have some pregnancy symptoms. sore and tender breasts, tired more than usual, change in the amount of food i normally eat, and more frequent headaches. im not sure whats going on with my body and it kind or scary because if im not pregnant what could it be??? is there still a possibility out there? this would be my first pregnancy if i am....could someone please help me???

confused
    By any chance did you get off the depo shot? I had something similar to this happen to me when I got off the Depo, I didn't get my period for almost a year after I was off it. It can take your body time to adjust if your getting off some form of birthcontrol. You will go through all of your period symptoms just no bleeding. What could be happening is that you could be getting period symptoms confused with pregnancy ones, like the tender and swollen breats, different eating habits, tiredness, cramping and headaches. They all are very similar. I don't know your exact situation but I hope I helped a little. Good luck with everything.

Nov 14, 2006, 10:37 AM
    I had just started taking the pill but only for like a week or two. It made me sick so I stopped and right after that I started my period again

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Irregular Menses [ 9 Answers ]

I have had irregular periods right from the onset for which I even took treatment and have taken hormonal medicines as well. My periods are all right when I'm on medicine and gets irregular again once I stop. I have been married for the last one and half year and took birth control pills which I...

Irregular cycle [ 1 Answers ]

I wanted to know I am the mother of 2 young children I got my period but its irregular could I be pregnant.could using drugs affect my period

Irregular Period... HELP! [ 10 Answers ]

Ok I've been having irregular periods for a year now and nothing seems to help. They put me on birth control and it made it worse. Last month was the first normal period I've had in like 12 months and it was the month after I went off the birth control but this month is completely different. I've...

Irregular period [ 1 Answers ]

My girlfriend experienced two heavier than normal periods for her two previous cycles, then last month she missed her period. A pregnancy test showed that she was not pregnant, but her gyno told her it could be too early to determine. Now currently instead of her normal period, she's having dried...

Very irregular cycle [ 1 Answers ]

I haven't had my period in about 4 or 5 months. It's been so long I've lost track. I'm 22 years old, and I'm definitely not pregnant. (I had to get an X-Ray recently and the nurse did a pregnancy blood test beforehand) In the past, I've skipped one to two months here and there, but usually when...

View more questions Search