Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    capgirl49 Posts: 26, Reputation: 0

Aug 24, 2009, 05:00 PM
    Suddenly wet carpet.no wet vacuum availability
    I have about 2 square feet of carpet that got sodden from leaking "wall event'.. have sopped up with towels but am concerned about mildew etc. I have no wet vac capability
    Advice?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Aug 24, 2009, 05:14 PM

Go to a hardware store and rent a wet vac. It is a big drum and a vacuum. Y ou plug it into the wall, and when the drum is full, you empty it outside or down a toilet, int the bathtub, etc.. It is on wheels.

Tick
    adthern Posts: 282, Reputation: 28

May 9, 2010, 07:17 PM

I got a small one at home depot that fits over one of their orange buckets for around 20 bucks (one of the best investments ever)!
    creahands Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 195
    Ultra Member

May 9, 2010, 08:43 PM

Get a wet/dry vac. Will have to remove filter when using on water.

Great for use, as dry vac, in garage or any construction work u do. Very good investment.

Chuck

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dyson DC07 Has very poor suction when trying to vacuum carpet - $400 P.O.J. [ 2 Answers ]

:mad: When I am vacuuming the carpet I can feel debris hitting my feet, that vacuum is not picking up well at all. I have checked for obstructions and there are none, I can feel the end of the hose in the head and there is suction there but it doesn't pickup well across the floor bar. What's the...

Dyson 14 vacuum carpet beater bar [ 1 Answers ]

I recently bought a Dyson 14 and needed to replace the carpet beater bar. I think I have accomplished this but when I turn on the vacuum it makes a terrible noise and the carpet/bare floor knob will not stay on carpet. (It pops past it). I am not sure what is going on. Any ideas? Hopefully just a...

DS availability [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, can anyone shed any light on the current lack of Nintendo DS's in shops across England. I've tried almost every option, and unless I'm willing to pay inflated prices, I can't get hold of one for love nor money. Does anyone know when things will return to normal, and why this is happening?...

Charged for carpet replacement, carpet was not damaged [ 4 Answers ]

I moved out of an apartment and was charged $569.06 to replace the carpet. There was one stain, approximately 12x12 that I agreed was damaged. When I moved out, the Apartment Manager alleged, in writing, that I had a pet. I did not have a pet. I am an 18 year Flight Attendant and literally...

View more questions Search