Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    truckeezgal2 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 3, 2009, 05:33 PM
    Spotting for 2 weeks
    For the past two weeks Ive been spotting on and off. I am 19 and have been on the depo shot since April. As far as I know I don't have any medical issues. When it first started I had cramps for the first day. Since then its been anywhere from half a day to two days apart and anytime I think I'm good and have sex it starts again immediately. Its been going on for 9 days. Ive taken two pregnancy test 4 and 5 days ago and they were negative.

Should I take more tests? What could be the cause for it not stopping.possibly pregnancy? HELP ME!!
    Megan2345 Posts: 239, Reputation: 8

Jun 3, 2009, 08:02 PM

I think it is caused by the depo shot. I'd wait and see if you adjust to it. You could call your doctor and double check. You could try a different birth control if it doesn't get better.

I was on the shot for years and never had any problem. I went off the shot for about 6 months and ended up going back on it. About a month and a half after I got my 1st injection I was spotting for about 3 weeks. I waited it out, got my second shot and now I've stopped menstrating.

Hope that helps. Good luck!
    minaeve25 Posts: 39, Reputation: 8

Jun 3, 2009, 08:35 PM
    Go to the gynocologist! Its highly unlikely that you would get pregnant on the depo.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What can two weeks of spotting mean? [ 1 Answers ]

I have been spotting for about two weeks now. About three weeks ago I noticed that my stomach started getting a little bigger, then a week after that, when I started spotting, I assumed that it was just because I was about to start my period. Now, one week later, I have noticed that it is 5 cm...

6 weeks pregnant and spotting [ 9 Answers ]

I am 6 weeks pregnant and last night around 10 pm I went to the bathroom to pee. Well when I finished I wiped and found pink blood on the tissue. I wiped again just to be sure and again it had pink blood on it ( a thick stripe). I have had the flu for the past few days so everything hurts,...

Spotting for two weeks. Maybe more? [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I'm concerned with this prolonged spotting problem of mine. I had my period sometime in the second or third week of April, but a week or two ago I've been experiencing brown vaginal discharge that started very light and slowly progressed to a medium flow before receding to a light spotting...

I'm five weeks pregnant but with spotting [ 26 Answers ]

Hi guys I am five weeks pregnant with slight pink spotting after I use the restroom with clear fluid discharge. I also had leg cramps with a lower backache yesterday but I'm OK today. Went to see the doc. The ultrasound shows the sac but doesn't show the foetus. The doc asked me to go for an...

Spotting 30 weeks [ 3 Answers ]

I am 30 weeks pregnant and a moment ago I went to the bathroom and a saw this mucus,bloddy discharge I never experience that I don't know what to do and I don't know what does it mean?:confused: :confused:

View more questions Search