Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bluewave23 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 21, 2009, 11:50 AM
    Bump on the vagina
    I'm 24yrs old. I had unprotected sex with my boyfriend about 3 weeks ago. A few days ago I noticed a red bump on my vagina. In the beginning it was itchy. Now the itching has stopped and the bump is beginning to scab. I've picked the scab off once. I keep the area clean and try to make sure that it is dry down their. I've made an appointment to see the doctor but the appointment is in 2 weeks. I've gone online and looked at pictures of herpes, genital warts, and syphillis. I do not have any symptoms of herpes, genital warts, or syphillis and the bump on my vagina doesn't look like any of the pictures shown for herpes, genital warts, or syphillis. I have no clue what this bump is.
    nitelight198073 Posts: 470, Reputation: 76

Apr 21, 2009, 12:02 PM

Could be a boil or a ingrown hair
    CURIOUS08 Posts: 84, Reputation: 3

Apr 21, 2009, 12:29 PM

My guess would be ingrown hair.
    nikosmom Posts: 1,611, Reputation: 488
    Ultra Member

Apr 21, 2009, 12:40 PM

It is unlikely that you would have symptoms of herpes or warts after only 3 weeks.

Making an appt with your Dr. was the best thing to do.

It sounds like a blocked sebaceous gland/ ingrown hair.

Next... unprotected sex = babies & STDs.

I have another question now- have you talked with your boyfriend about any of this? The reason I ask is that you must deep down be suspicious that he could've possibly infected you with something.

Apr 21, 2009, 03:29 PM
    Yes, my boyfriend said he hasn't experienced any pain during urination, any discharge, or bumps on or around his penis.

Apr 21, 2009, 03:32 PM
    As soon as I saw the bump I became supsicious and even though he said he doesn't have any symptoms doesn't mean that he may not be infected it could just mean he has shown any symptoms yet, which is why I made the appointment with the Dr.
    nikosmom Posts: 1,611, Reputation: 488
    Ultra Member

Apr 21, 2009, 04:36 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by bluewave23 View Post
    As soon as I saw the bump I became supsicious and even though he said he doesn't have any symptoms doesn't mean that he may not be infected it could just mean he has shown any symptoms yet, which is why I made the appointment with the Dr.
    Very smart and please be more careful. :)
    tracyhilton1201 Posts: 17, Reputation: 2

Apr 21, 2009, 05:27 PM
    OK if you shave then it could be an ingrown hair... but I'm betting its herpes. Sorry to say that but I have a close friend who had a one night stand and this happened to her... she went to the doctor and was told it was herpes... it started as a red bump that was sore and itchy then became a scab then went away... she said it lasted about 1 week maybe a little more then that... go to the doctor they will give you meds... DONT HAVE UNPROTECTED SEX AGAIN!!
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Apr 21, 2009, 05:35 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tracyhilton1201 View Post
    ok if you shave then it could be an ingrown hair...but i'm betting its herpes. sorry to say that but i have a close friend who had a one night stand and this happened to her...she went to the doctor and was told it was herpes...it started out as a red bump that was sore and itchy then became a scab then went away...she said it lasted about 1 week maybe a lil more then that....go to the doctor they will give you meds...DONT HAVE UNPROTECTED SEX AGAIN!!!
    I feel that it's important to say that this is just a guess, the person posting cannot say with any certainty that it is herpes.

The only one that can give you a diagnosis is your doctor.

I will say this. Don't pick the scab, this can cause infection or spread an infection that is already present.

Good luck.
    star256 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 3, 2012, 09:05 AM
    This same thing is happening to me too but the only difference is that I'm still a virgin ? So how could it be herpes ?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bump on vagina [ 5 Answers ]

Hi I'm 17 years old and about 9 days ago I noticed a small bump on the inside of the outter lip of my vagina. It is about the same color as the surrounding skin, and nothing is coming out of it. When I squeeze it nothing comes out either, but it does hurt. I initially thought it was a bug bite...

I have a bump on my vagina and I want to know what it is [ 11 Answers ]

Hello, I need to know what is wrong with me, I have a big red bump on my vagina lip and I just got it, I don't have any idea what it is, I'm scared to go to a doctor and I have tried to put medications on it. Nothing has worked and I don't know what to do. This thing is a huge red bump... like a...

Bump on vagina [ 2 Answers ]

Okay what can it be if you have a bump on the outside of your vagina where your pubic hair is and it hurts when you push on it or rub against it? (but your not sexually active AT ALL):(

Bump on outside of vagina [ 4 Answers ]

I've looked through a bunch of pages. Let me start by telling you that my body has been through a lot of stress lately. I was diagnosed with genital herpes almost 3 years ago, and have only been having 1 or 2 Outbreaks a year. Over Christmas, I had an outbreak, took medicine and it cleared...

Bump on vagina [ 3 Answers ]

I recently just discovered that I have one bump on the outside of my vagina. I'm freaking out because I don't know what it is? Is it just a pimple? Can it be caused from someone fingering you? Is it an std? Cancer? Please respond!

View more questions Search