Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    itcouldhappen Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 30, 2009, 07:28 PM
    Five days late and spotting pink/brown
    Hello, I'm very new here. So I hope to get to know you all as I adjust to this site. My period was due 1/25. It has been on the 25th each month since June give or take a day before. It hasn't been late like this. I started spotting pink discharge lastnight. It stopped. Then today I had brown discharge. Sometimes when I wipe. It comes and goes. I'm not really cramping. I do have some cramps, but their quick to come and go and don't hurt. Is this my period coming? Or is this a chance of pregnancy? I got a BFN on 1/29. My breasts are sore. And they never really get sore before/during my period or at least the way they feel now. The week before my period was due I was urinating a lot. It has cut down a good bit, but sometimes I still go more than usual. I am very gassy. And very moody. I do in fact feel like I'm sleepy earlier than I normally go to bed. Should I take another test? And, if yes.. when should I? Could I of had a false negative? My husband pulled out but we had a tiny oopsie once. I don't know if it was around my ovulation or right after it. Any advice or opinions appreciated. And "if" I am pregnant, I would be somewhere around
    5w2d I think. Thanks for reading!:cool:
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Mar 3, 2012, 12:54 PM
    Many women will experience some discharge prior to a period actually starting. It may be pinkish or brownish. Since cycles can be off now and then, waiting about a week after a suspected period can be a good time to try a pregnancy test. This allows for the possibility of just a late period, but also insures a higher level of hcg if pregnant to be picked up by the test. If the test result is negative, wait another week and test again if necessary. If still negative, either see the doctor or wait until the next month and see if that period is also missed.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

2 months late. Now spotting really light pink off and on. Pregnant? [ 8 Answers ]

My last period was early in Nov. and its now Jan. 13th. And I've been spotting very light pink when I go to the bathroom. It latest 2 days now its coming and going lighter than it was during those 2 days. I took a home pregnancy test 2 weeks ago and it came out negative. Ive had slight cramping but...

I'm 5 days late and see brown spotting does this mean I'm pregnant? [ 1 Answers ]

I had my period June 1-6 Then I had sex June 28 and expected my period on July 4th I didn't get it and I had sex again on July 5th I'm now 5 days late and on July 7th I started noticing brown spotting and pinkish only when I wiped after using the bathroom. We used a condom both times! Could I...

Brown discharge on and off two days, light pink spotting a few days, now light brown [ 7 Answers ]

OK, I was due for my next depo January 3rd at the latest and didn't get it, so I have been detoxing since. Well I thought I was getting my first period on February 13th when all this started. From day one the bleeding didn't look right the color was just off it was more brownish black with a hint...

Pink or brown spotting [ 2 Answers ]

I had sex right before and after my period. My period was on time and normal. But then a few days later I started spotting. Some times it was brown and some times pink. I have had a little nasuea lately but nothing out the ordinary could that mean I'm pregnant?

View more questions Search