Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Slow-Motion Posts: 35, Reputation: 1

Jul 27, 2008, 12:28 PM
    Vitex and Metformin
    I was just rx'd Metformin... I haven't filled it yet but will soon... I have been taking Vitex for only about a week.. Can I take them both.. Will they help each other?
    prisha Posts: 8, Reputation: 2

Apr 4, 2009, 06:54 PM

I assume you have Poly Cystic Ovarian Syndrome since you were prescribed metformin unless you are a diabetic or borderline diabetic. If you have PCOS vitex is not going to help you. It won't hurt you when you take it with metformin but it isn't going to help at all.

When I treat a women with PCOS with Chinese herbs they are only successful if they change there diet to one that will regulate their blood sugar.
    The herbs given for PCOS for women who are not ovulating must contain herbs to clear the cysts by invigorating the blood and clearing what is called "phlegm" in Chinese Medicine.

Vitex isn't effective with PCOS.

You can check out my web page on the subject: https://fertilityformulas.com/Orient...dPolycyst.html

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

PCOS, Metformin & Trying to conceive. [ 1 Answers ]

Soo... I found a new doctor set up an appointment and asked him about PCOS... I told him that I was Trying to conceive and what all was going on... I asked to have my hormone levels checked, he told me that based on my history there was no need in running any test he knew that I had PCOS. He...

Metformin and pcos [ 4 Answers ]

Its been awhile since I've been on, Never the less I have more questions, I have read up on women taking metformin for pcos, but now its my turn, and I don't really know what to expect... I had a large ovarian cyst rupture and got to spend the day in the hospital. Now my doctors have decided to...

View more questions Search