Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    suepick517 Posts: 11, Reputation: 2

Oct 22, 2007, 01:16 PM
    Chlamydia
    I was just diagnosed with Chlamydia and am devastated!! I am married and have had the same partner for the past 6 years. Could I have had this and just not shown any symptoms before now? I was married before and he cheated on me and I left the relationship, but that was like 6 1/2 years ago! I need to know before I go home and accuse him of cheating on me! :confused:
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Oct 22, 2007, 01:35 PM
    Chlamydia is also known as the silent disease because about three quarters of infected women and about half of infected men have no symptoms. If symptoms do occur, they usually appear within 1 to 3 weeks after exposure.

So, as you see, Chlamydia is often without symptoms. Please don't rush home and accuse your husband, but he does need to know that you have it as he now most likely has it too and you both need to be treated.

Oct 22, 2007, 01:49 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by suepick517
    I was just diagnosed with Chlamydia and am devastated!!!!!! I am married and have had the same partner for the past 6 years. Could I have had this and just not shown any symptoms before now? I was married before and he cheated on me and I left the relationship, but that was like 6 1/2 years ago!! I need to know before I go home and accuse him of cheating on me!!:confused:
    So... I could have had this and it just "showed" up now? If had spears and all before and nothing was said before. Can this only be detected when symptoms appear?
    Expert

Oct 22, 2007, 02:04 PM
    Here is a very informative site from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention

STD Facts - Chlamydia
    Mantzaris895 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 22, 2007, 08:01 PM
    Don't be too devastated. It is easily treated and can be gone within a week.
    Most treatments are some form of antibiotic either pill or otherwise.
    Zithromax is the most used.
    Expert

Oct 22, 2007, 08:02 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Mantzaris895
    Don't be too devastated. It is easily treated and can be gone within a week.
    However, if she got it from her ex and has been harboring the disease for over 6 years, as she stated was possible, it can cause infertility.
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Oct 22, 2007, 08:05 PM
    It's possible that you could have acquired it and not had any symptoms until now. It's also possible that your husband could have acquired it prior to your marriage and either didn't tell you or didn't experience any symptoms himself. I'd say scenario #1 is more likely as men are generally more likely to notice symptoms sooner than women.

Oct 23, 2007, 05:38 AM
    Thank you sooo much for all your answers! This site is awesome! Some good relief. My husband is going to the doctors this morning. I called the doctor and she said that my previous cultures were negative for this. Maybe it was because I didn't have any symptoms? Or maybe it just wasn't that "severe" until now. Been under a lot of stress this year and different medications, so maybe that brought it "out". I guess I am lucky because my husband and I have a 3 year old son.
    wallarookiller Posts: 32, Reputation: 2

Nov 12, 2007, 10:35 AM
    Im glad to see it worked out. Things like this can devastate a relationship.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Chlamydia from hot tub? [ 10 Answers ]

Hi, My boyfriend 's friends girlfriend told me she has an std and she hasn't had sexual contact with any but her boyfriend, and he says he has not cheated, so I was wondering if it was possible for someone to get an std if they had no sexual contact with any one other then their partner? Mainly...

Confused About Chlamydia [ 2 Answers ]

If a person has chlamydia, is it passed every time they have sex or is there a possibility that it might not get passed to someone else?

Chlamydia [ 2 Answers ]

Hello. I have posted on here before regarding that my now ex partner had been receiving masturbation from prostitutes. My last pap smear two months ago showed that I have the hpv virus. I got my other tests back today and I also have chlamydia, for which my doctor has given me antibiotics. My ex...

Hurt confusion chlamydia [ 2 Answers ]

Ok, I meet this guy david everything is going great. On the 7th date we sleep together and then three days later I had my annual(pap smear). I had my pap smear on the Wednesday. Then on the Friday the Clinic called me in the evening. Ive never been called before. I was scared but I did could not...

View more questions Search