Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Bural21 Posts: 190, Reputation: 18

Aug 23, 2007, 07:15 PM
    Menstrual cramps an hour after sex?
    My boyfriend and I had protected sex, and an hour later I felt what I thought were menstrual cramps, but my period isn't due for another 2 weeks. I'm a little nervous because I did a Google search with: "Cramping after sex," and everything led to something involving pregnancy. I'm only 16, and not ready for a kid, and I ALWAYS have protected sex... is there a possibility that I'm pregnant, or is something else wrong?
    Please help, I'm a little worried.
    buggage Posts: 1,514, Reputation: 165
    Ultra Member

Aug 24, 2007, 01:19 PM
    Likely, it isn't anything to be worried about. I doubt it would be related to pregnancy, as conception most likely wouldn't have even occurred yet at this early of a point in your cycle. To me it sounds like it is ovulation cramping, or simple muscle cramps. Not uncommon. You should make sure and be evaluated by your doctor often when having sex, to ensure that you do not get stds. I commend you on using protection, however. It shows responsibility. Keep in mind that no form of birth control (aside from complete abstinence) is 100% effective. This being the case, it would be wise to use two forms of protection. (for example, the pill and a condom)If the cramping is severe and continues, see your doctor, as it could be something that needs to be checked out.
    vjsmom Posts: 6, Reputation: 2

Aug 25, 2007, 09:36 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Bural21
    My boyfriend and I had protected sex, and an hour later I felt what I thought were menstrual cramps, but my period isn't due for another 2 weeks. I'm a little nervous because I did a google search with: "Cramping after sex," and everything led to something involving pregnancy. I'm only 16, and not ready for a kid, and I ALWAYS have protected sex... is there a possibility that I'm pregnant, or is something else wrong?
    Please help, I'm a little worried.
    I used to do the same thing years ago and I had to go to the hospital... U should talk to your doctor and get tested for any std's... It sounds like you might have PID... Dont freak it can be taking care of with meds... Dont have sex tell you get checked k...
    automansgirl Posts: 467, Reputation: 42

Aug 26, 2007, 07:51 PM
    The cramping could be just about anything from regular ole cramping to an STD to a cyst. You should check with your doctor to see what's going on. Make sure you are seeing your gynecologist at least once a year since you are sexually active.
    kt1205 Posts: 125, Reputation: 4
    -

Aug 26, 2007, 07:53 PM
    Probably not anything to be worried about but even if you do use protection its not 100%

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cramps during sex [ 3 Answers ]

Every time I have sex, I end up getting terrible cramps,usually in my hips but have also gotten them in my legs and even feet. It seems like the closer I get to orgasam, the worse they get. What is going on??

Are Menstrual cramps a sign of labor getting here soon? [ 5 Answers ]

I just turned 34 weeks on Friday, and last night I woke up around 2 am and I was having menstrual like cramping which lasted for like 30 minutes, but it went away.. Is this known as a sign of labor maybe getting here soon?

Cramps after sex [ 1 Answers ]

Last night after having sex, I had extremely bad cramps like menstrual cramps. I felt like I couldn't breathe but th pain went away after 20 minutes. I know this isn't normal but I don't know what the possible causes for this could be. Does anyone know what it might be. My boyfriend doesn't have an...

3-hour diet [ 2 Answers ]

Has anybody heard of 3- Hour Diet program by jorger cruise?? I just want to know is it effective?? If anybody doing this diet please reply me ~

Cramps in legs during sex [ 3 Answers ]

Why do my legs get cramps during sex?

View more questions Search