Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MarMar27 Posts: 458, Reputation: 7

Jul 28, 2007, 06:50 PM
    Are Menstrual cramps a sign of labor getting here soon?
    I just turned 34 weeks on Friday, and last night I woke up around 2 am and I was having menstrual like cramping which lasted for like 30 minutes, but it went away.. Is this known as a sign of labor maybe getting here soon?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jul 28, 2007, 06:53 PM
    This is a sign that you are in fact gearing up for labor. Your muscles are getting ready to do the work.

When the pains last longer than one hour and are about 10 minutes apart it would be time to call the doctor.
    danielnoahsmommy Posts: 2,506, Reputation: 297
    Ultra Member

Jul 28, 2007, 06:54 PM
    Also make sure you are well hydrated this has happened to me. Those cramps may be braxton hicks. They are practice labor pains getting your body prepared for the real thing

Jul 29, 2007, 11:01 AM
    Oh OK thanks I was worried for a minute there... do any of you know if hemorrhoids might be a sign of labor too? Or no?
    danielnoahsmommy Posts: 2,506, Reputation: 297
    Ultra Member

Jul 29, 2007, 01:57 PM
    Hemeroids are a sign you are a mother. Gods lovly joke on most pregnant. Women

Jul 29, 2007, 02:46 PM
    Lol yeah and it sucks

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pre labor/False labor [ 4 Answers ]

Ok odd question. How long can pre labor last? I have been having contractions since Sunday and they don't get any closer and/or change in intesity. I was just wondering since even with two previous births I have never before experienced this. I don't even know if it is pre labor or not. I just...

Menstrual cycles [ 2 Answers ]

I am 3 weeks late for my menstrual cycle. I have done a couple of pregnancy tests and they came up negative. If I am not pregnant can someone with a normal menstrual cycle hx have problems all of a sudden. I made an appt with my OB but they could not get me in any sooner than 2 months away. I feel...

Sign Industry Wind Load Charts, Sign Section Modulus Charts [ 0 Answers ]

Recently I've been designing commercial electrical signs. Signs of the type that are on tall poles, or the big pylons and monuments you see in shopping centers, roadsides, etc. lit by neon and/or fluorescent lighting. In order to properly choose the size of poles, and the depth and diameters of...

Menstrual period [ 1 Answers ]

I started my period January 1 and it lasted about 7 days.. I started again on January 16, first spotting and now it is heavier. What could be the cause of this? I am not on birth control and have been off for over a 1 year now. Please help.. I have never done this before.. What could it be? I am...

Menstrual irregularities [ 3 Answers ]

OK, I'm 19 years old, a virgin, and am 195lbs about 60 pounds over the ideal weight for my height. Well, I have never really been regular with my period, maybe every 3 to 9 months. What can I do to become more regular, Can I still get pregnant? I know I should go to an OBGYN, but can't afford...

View more questions Search