Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Stanek288 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 28, 2007, 11:04 AM
    Yeast infections
    How do you get a yeast infection, what are some ways of preventing it, and can condoms cause a yeast infection?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jul 28, 2007, 11:08 AM
    Yeast infection is a fungus. It typically lives in our bodies in minute numbers. It can come from wearing nylon panties and tight fitting clothes in hot temperatures (that is the best way for the yeast to multiply), we can get it by taking certain antibiotics.

Condoms themselves will not cause a yeast infection, but too much sex certainly can make the vaginal environment conducive to the multiplication of the yeast organisms.

Ways of preventing:

Clean with water frequently, wear loose fitting clothing, preferably cotton underwear, wash after sex.
    socerchic7 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 3, 2007, 11:07 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanek288
    How do you get a yeast infection, what are some ways of preventing it, and can condoms cause a yeast infection?
    Cleaning after sex can help with the whole yeast infection problem, but I got a yeast infection before and the doctor had me use a medicated douche. I got mine from too much sex, but no finishing on my end. No joke. My body wanted to finish since it kept being brought to the point of climax, but I was able to have no release. The doctor says he hears this story a lot as to the cause of a yeast infection.
    macksmom Posts: 1,787, Reputation: 152
    Ultra Member

Aug 3, 2007, 11:41 AM
    I get yeast infections from sex once in awhile and I always get one when I take antibiotics. Doctors know that a yeast inf is a common side effect when women take antibiotics and if you tell your doctor you get them, they will prescribe a yeast medication along with your antibiotic. Also do not confuse a yeast inf with normal discharge, right before you ovulate your discharge can change to a white crumbly look (which I used to think was a yeast inf) make sure you have other symptoms as well (itching) before using OTC meds.
    creativedeb Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 2, 2007, 09:46 PM
    Does taking a hot shower or hot bath cause the yeast infection to spread?:rolleyes:
    Also, what does the drug "Fluconazole" do to your body? Does it hurt the good bacteria in the body?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Yeast infections [ 31 Answers ]

Hey guys got a problem. My fiancé says that she is getting "yeasty" not long after we have had sex. The last few times we've had sex, I made sure to get extra special clean, but she says it happens again. I've been to a doctor to have some test done on me, but he says I'm clean. What are we...

Eye infections [ 3 Answers ]

My dog has had 2 eye infections in the past 9 weeks, both times it has been in her right eye the vet "seems" to think it maybe allergies, if it is allergies why is it just the one eye? Also could it be maybe her hair is irratating her eyes?

Kidney Infections [ 1 Answers ]

I was diagnosed with a severe kidney infection and treated twice with anti botics. The last antbiotic was so hard on my system it left me with joint aches and retaining water. I just don't know, I still feel horrible it has been March 1, 2007, The drug was Levaquin and the docs are saying maybe the...

My dad and his infections [ 11 Answers ]

Hi I am asking about my dad who is 75 years old he is disabled. He suffers from Ascites Liver decease decompensated 2 degrees: He is in remission from alcohol for about 4 years, however he has oedema of the stomach. He is constantly getting urine infections where he is losing all awareness of his...

Frequent infections [ 9 Answers ]

Hello. I am a very worried mom. My son, who is 19 years old was diagnosed with mononucleosis almost 1 year ago. It seems since then, he catches everything that is going around. Presently he is sick with an oral thrush, has had a fever the last few days, although that has now cleared up, and a...

View more questions Search