Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    StephyG Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jan 24, 2008, 09:05 PM
    No period after IUD removal.pregnant?
    I had my last period on 12/10/07. I had my IUD (mirena) removed on 12/19 with my period following for 3 days immediately. It was heavy and had many clots. If the 19th was my real period, I am still 5 days late. IF that didn't count as a period, I am 6 weeks late. I have taken 2 home pregnancy tests and one blood test, all were negative. Last week I thought I was going to get my period because I broke out a little bit, but since then I have been really nauseated and tired. At first I thought maybe it was the flu- but no other signs of the flu other than the nausea. Now today I started having breast tenderness, so I took another at home test- it, too was negative. Are these just simpathy pains? Am I pregnant? Should I go have more blood drawn? How long do I have to wait to get my period? I don't expect to get pregnant in the first month, but a period would be nice too! I had my period throughout the time I had the mirena, so why not now? ANY ANSWERS would be wonderful!

Thanks, StephyG
    ampersandra Posts: 70, Reputation: 10

Jan 26, 2008, 08:01 PM
    It's too hard to say for sure. I would strongly recommend seeing a doctor about your period since you've already taken a pregancy test, which has come out negative. Have you been stressed lately? Any changes in life besides removing the IUD? Stress can delay your period and I know this from experience. Also, I tend to get a bit nauseated and my breasts swell before my period actually comes. Is this something that happened regularly to you as well? Those symptoms may just mean that your period will come very soon, but I can't guarantee anything. Sorry.
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

Jan 26, 2008, 08:21 PM
    If I'm reading this link right, then it may take some time before you have your period again. If you're worried though you should always call your doctor, that's why they're there anyway.
    Birth Control
    beka320 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 30, 2012, 09:36 AM
    I have had my iud removed feb. 6 2012 and still no period uhhh. Hoping it will come soon but my nurse said it can take up to six months so that makes me feel better knowing it is normal to take time to get it back.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

No period after iud removal [ 15 Answers ]

Hi, I'm new to the site. Last year my boyfriend and I decided to try to conceive this year. I had my IUD removed on 23 January (my last period was 25 December) and I still haven't had my period. We had unprotected sex two days after the removal and again a week later, and still no sign of my...

Pregnant after IUD removal [ 1 Answers ]

My husband had a vasectomy in January of this year and on February 8th I had my IUD removed. I had my period 2 days after the removal and then we had sex the day after my period ended on the 17th w/o protection. On the 23rd and 24th we used a condom, my period should have started March 12th...

No period after IUD removal [ 1 Answers ]

I'm little bit worry.. just after IUD removal, I was expecting my periods but still it didn't come.. I want to pregenent.. but is it unsafe? Or will it can give any problem to my health or kid's health.. what I should do??

No period after iud removal [ 2 Answers ]

Has anyone had exerience with missing periods after having their iud(hormone type) removed. My last period was during Christmas, my iud was removed on 23 jan and I haven't had my period yet. Do feel cramping off and on, am constantly convinced that it's coming, but nothing. Have had several...

View more questions Search