Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    ivy_sweet's Avatar
    ivy_sweet Posts: 4, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Jul 20, 2006, 10:34 AM
    More advice needed :S
    Hi again. I hate to nag on about this but if anyone has more advice it would be great. I am still finding either some brown discharge or sometimes a bit of blood everyday from about 3 weeks ago whenever I go to the toilet, although not a lot. But the thing is its really bugging me now because its kind of stopping me from seeing my boyfriend as I can't have sex with him and I think he's starting to feel like there's a problem because I've been making excuses for ages now as I feel kind of uncomfortable telling him the real reason why. I have the pill microgynon 30 but I haven't started taking it yet because I was advised to wait until the first day of my next period. But it seems as though at the moment I am on an everlasting period. Anyway does anyone know, if I start taking the pill now will that help stop this brown discharge/blood? My boyfriend is going away on holiday soon and I don't want to have to make another million excuses just before he leaves not to see him :(

    J_9's Avatar
    J_9 Posts: 40,277, Reputation: 5644

    Jul 20, 2006, 10:39 AM
    First of all, please do not make excuses... tell him the truth. I understand you may feel uncomfortable telling him this, but it is the truth, not a lie or an excuse, just the plain truth. Believe me, he will respect you more if you tell him the truth than if you just keep beating around the bush with silly excuses.

    Now on to your "problem." I believe it is time to make an appointment with your doctor to see what exactly is going on. It could be as simple as an irregular period (we all get those once in a while) to something a little more complex as an infection.

    Better to have it checked out by your doctor.
    valinors_sorrow's Avatar
    valinors_sorrow Posts: 2,927, Reputation: 653
    Ultra Member

    Jul 20, 2006, 12:57 PM
    I agree with J_9 and would gently emphasize along with having sex comes a kind of responsibility to suck it up a bit and get over certain embarrassments -- like telling the one you're close to about what is happening, otherwise you deprive him of the opportunity to show his concern for you. So is taking charge and getting appropriate medical attention for your body too. Its all a part of the rite of passage on the way to full adulthood --so get busy, Sweet Ivy... you go girl!
    aqua@home's Avatar
    aqua@home Posts: 565, Reputation: 107
    Senior Member

    Jul 20, 2006, 05:29 PM
    I too think you should be able to share this with someone you care about. He could be a support to you.

    I think the real problem is you need to go see a doctor. It's been three weeks and you should have it checked out soon. Good luck.
    CroCivic91's Avatar
    CroCivic91 Posts: 729, Reputation: 23
    Senior Member

    Jul 20, 2006, 10:50 PM
    Hiding the truth from him will do nothing good. I know I wouldn't think high of you if I was in his place.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Advice needed on saving my marriage. [ 12 Answers ]

Hello, I'll begin by saying that my husband (15 years) was having an emotion affair, but he says he loves me and wants to be happy with me again. I was blind-sided by this happening as I have always felt secure and happy. I'm trying very hard to be understanding as I am deeply in love with...

Any real psychics out there? Some advice needed [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, If there are any real psychics out there, I could use some advice. I was dating someone last year and fell in love. He broke it off last winter, but I have a gut feeling that he may be back someday. My birthday is 1/8/65 and his is 6/30/64. Psychics , does anyone see him coming back...

Love v. Like Advice Needed [ 4 Answers ]

I need some advice. I have been dating this guy, and find that I am more easily in love, than I am in "like" with him. I shared my feelings last night, and the response was not good. I sent this to him so that he could better understand what I meant when I said I didn't like him: The word...

Advice needed with taxes [ 3 Answers ]

Right this is a fairly complicated matter but here goes. Firstly I am a British/Australian citizen (I have lived in Australia for the last 10 years). I am currently in nyc on a B1 visa until the end of July, I will be coming back sometime in August on a E1 visa and staying for a longer period....

Advice needed about registry cleaning [ 4 Answers ]

Dear experts, I recently used my HP Pavilion recover disk that came with my computer. It is 5 years old. I thought this was doing a reformat but evidently not. It restored my computer to the way it was the day I got it. What I need to know is should I use a registry cleaner such as jv16 or...

View more questions Search