Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Dangerous Dan Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 18, 2013, 05:10 AM
    Windows 8 stalls at 50% when using disc c cleanup
    Under the General tab in Local Disc C Properties I use cleanup. And occasionally I also defrag and error check on the Tools tab. With a relatively new HP laptop with Windows 8 OS, the "cleanup" option stalls around 50% in its process. I've used this tool for years on other PCs but I've never had this issues since Windows 8 has entered my lifestyle
    Any solutions to this "cleanup" problem is very much appreciated. Wisdom is a gift and it gets better when you share! Thanks.
    GrantHillsSA Posts: 405, Reputation: 9

Sep 1, 2013, 11:38 AM
    I'm not sure about this one.

I would start by disabling all start-up programs because the can interfere with the process.
    To do this press and hold (Crrl+Alt+Del) for the task manager.
    Go to the start-up tab and disable all the programs from starting. You can reverse this process at anytime. Restart and try run the cleanup again.

That's all I can think of at the moment.

Hope this helps
    Grant Hills - South Africa

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Disc drive stopped working awhile back now windows won't boot [ 2 Answers ]

A few months back, my desktop stopped reading discs. I can't burn discs, either. And now, overnight, I went to use my computer and it all of a sudden restarted and now won't boot. I have looked around and since my computer was given to me, I don't know the administrator's password. The person that...

Windows Installer Cleanup Utility [ 4 Answers ]

Is it fairly safe to use the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility? I have about 15 programs on my list. I am concerned about the warning at the top of the Utility window. I know it is only supposed to remove remnants of installation files, but the warning makes it sound very risky to run. ...

Construction cleanup and crime scene cleanup [ 11 Answers ]

Im starting a janitorial business in California, and part of my business that I am going to be doing is construction cleanup and crime scene cleanup. I need help with knowing what routes to go for the both of those.

Windows XP stalls, then continues [ 1 Answers ]

I'm running Windows XP Pro, service pack 2. periodically (several times a day) all active tasks and windows freezes, then 30 to 60 seconds later it unlocks and continues. It seems to be related to the build IT put together since co-workers running standard installs don't have this problem. But...

Once I Have Made A Disc, Can I Make Copies Of The Disc Uncopiable? [ 6 Answers ]

Yeah erm, I have made a disc consisting of some word and excel files. I would like to sell this disc as it is interactive and can benefit people. How do I copy the disc so people can use it but cannot re write/copy it on their computer and sell it on? :rolleyes:

View more questions Search