Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    msrmurthy Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 14, 2006, 05:35 AM
    question relating to probability
    Hi all,

I got a question relating to Probability. I will be thankful to you if I could get a suitable answer along with illustration for this.

regards,

Murthy

Question is : There is Tournment with 50 teams. A Team that lost for 3 matches has to quit the tournment. What would be the Least No of matches that can be played during the tournment.

Expecting answers soon.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Sep 14, 2006, 05:45 AM
    Umm, we don't do homework assignments. If you want to post what you think the solution is, then we may be able to confirm or help you you arive at the correct solution. But we won't do the work for you.

BTW this isn't a probability question. Looks more like an algebraic calculation.
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

Sep 14, 2006, 05:55 PM

Team 1 plays 3 games against Team 2, beats them 3-0, Team 2 is eliminated. Then Team 1 plays against Team 3, etc.

49 teams total play Team 1.

49 x 3 = 147 games
    msrmurthy Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 14, 2006, 11:47 PM
    Thank you Very Much,

Regards
    Murthy

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Probability question [ 1 Answers ]

okay this sint really homework but I had no where else to put my randommath question I hd... how would I check the probability at this... so normal dice have 6 sides ranging from 1-6 lets say you have three noram dice versus 3 specail dice1st dice has three sides with a 1 and three sides...

Probability Question(about world cup tournament ladder) [ 10 Answers ]

Assume that all the position in the tournament ladder is randomly selected, and 16 teams in the tournament ladder are evenly matched, and they include Brazil and England. What is the probability that both team will meet in a match during the tournament? Given that the probability to win the...

Evaluating Technical Topics Relating to OS's [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, Does anyone know a good issue today dealing with operating systems that a business must deal with? To clarify, I am writing a paper in which a fictitious company must provide a report to its management evaluating a problem that needs solved relating to operating systems in some way. We're...

Relating to [ 3 Answers ]

As an English language learner, when& how should I use "relating to" & "related to"? The difference in using these two words isn't clear to me. Any help.

Probability Question [ 3 Answers ]

I'm taking a statistics course and think I'm way over my head... unfortunately, it's a pre-req and I'm stuck. Can anyone help me understand the basics? Here is a sample question and I simply don't know where to begin: Coach John has two teams who won 347 games and tied 6 of the 526 total...

View more questions Search