Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    girls4evr Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 8, 2008, 11:04 AM
    Windows Files Transfer
    I installed Windows Vista Ultimate to my new hard drive. I have Windows Home Premium on my old hard drive. I would like to copy everything except the Windows folder because it is corrupt. It there any way to exclude the Windows folder from being transferred?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 8, 2008, 11:15 AM

Sure, just highlight all the other folders. But that won't work for programs. You will have to reinstall each program. So your best bet is to just copy the data files.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Transfer files from outlook to thumb drive [ 1 Answers ]

How do you transfer files from folders in Outlook to the thumb drive?

How to transfer digital tapes from camcorder , using vista to make files? [ 2 Answers ]

I just bought hp laptop with vista. I am completely lost. I have a camcorder (digital tapes) I would like to record my all family tapes to hard drive media player. This devise works directly with TV but any file has to be recorded from computer. How to record my digital tapes from my camcorder to...

Transfer files [ 2 Answers ]

I have windows xp and 13.76 Gb on my c dics with 176 GB on my d disc I have low disc space cause eveything I download(itunes) is going on the c drive.. How do I get it to go to the d drive.and how do I transfer files from c disc to d disc?PLEASE I :eek: :eek: AM Desperate

.img files won't transfer to hard disk [ 3 Answers ]

My Toshiba media center went haywire and I lost everything... yey... Anyway, I got this new Pacard Bell store and save 3500 (with no frikken on\off switch! ) And the damn thing won't accept img files. When I try to move them from my computer to the damn thing, it says there is not enough space...

View more questions Search