Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kforrest Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 11, 2007, 04:05 PM
    Tool to backup device drivers before re-installing operating system
    Is there a tool online that allows you to backup your device drivers before you re-install the operating system? I've read about Driver Magician but I'll also had comments that it shouldn't be used.

Thanks,
    Kari
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 11, 2007, 04:49 PM
    You need to reinstall the drivers, a backup won't help. Ao you need the original install files.
    biggsie Posts: 1,267, Reputation: 125
    Ultra Member

Dec 11, 2007, 05:16 PM
    I had a paid version of Driver Magic and used it on a working computer

It rebooted and locked up my computer -- Sent them emails -- No answer

Do not used Driver Magic -- Waste of time and money!!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Error Loading Operating System while installing Windows XP [ 4 Answers ]

Hi all, I`ve recently installed a Vista Ultimate and felt that XP was better, so as normal, formatted the harddisk and installed XP. At 1st, after the XP reboot after the first installed, there`s this message ` Error loading operating system`. So I thought I just use `FIXMBR` and re-install XP....

Installing operating system on external drive [ 5 Answers ]

Can you please give me any help on installing Win98se on an external hard drive ? My main OS is Win XP and I can't seem to install 98se on the external drive. I can't boot up XP in DOS. Any help would be greatly appreciated. As I have several old programs which I can't use on XP. Such as Adobe...

Device drivers [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have a few questions related to device drivers and Input/Output: Q1: What is a "bus header"? (for example there are USB bus headers and PCI bus headers) Q2: Consider the instruction set of a microprocessor - consider the OUT instruction which sends some data over a bus to a specified...

Virtual Device Drivers [ 1 Answers ]

Ok, now recently I've been unable to run a program without CurrentControlSet\Control\VirtualDeviceDrivers. VDD. Virtual Device Driver format in the registry is invalid. Ive been http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;314452 here and I've followed the instructions, only now...

View more questions Search