Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    usmcmatt Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Oct 27, 2007, 02:00 AM
    Null Modem Cable
    Hi! :) My name is Matt. Can You use a null modem cable to connect two individual computers via parallel ports and have one (host) connected to the internet via ethernet? It sounds logical, but I'm not sure if it would work. I'd really APPRECIATE SOME INPUT.

Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Oct 27, 2007, 02:22 AM
    Yes, but there's a better way of doing this.
    Simply get yourself a switch/hub/router and connect all your machines into that as well as your internet connection.

Howstuffworks "How Home Networking Works"
    usmcmatt Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Oct 27, 2007, 11:46 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Curlyben
    Yes, but there's a better way of doing this.
    Simply get your self a switch/hub/router and connect all your machines into that as well as your internet connection.

Howstuffworks "How Home Networking Works"
    Thanks for your input, I was just trying to figure a simple way to work with what I already have. But you are right and I guess a switch/hub would be the leastexpensive and best way. Thanks again, Iappreciate your speedy response. Any Chance you could help me with my other posting? Later Matt

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

USB Cable Modem - Device Manager [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, Up until yesterday the internet was working on my PC. I have a Webstar modem connected to the PC through an Ethernet cable. When I tried to connect to the internet yesterday it said that the ethernet was unplugged (which it wasn't). I know its not the modem or the cables as I can still...

Prob w/cable modem jack [ 32 Answers ]

While DH was playing with keyboard and mouse (aka working diligently,) Cute Puppy was, unbeknownst to all, teething happily on the wires leading from our Cable Modem to the junction box. Our fist sign of this was when we cleverly noticed that we had no dial tone. Now we are faced with returning...

CABLE and Modem Router [ 11 Answers ]

Hi my buddys has a cable modem which she connects to the internet with, its got one USB and one ethernet port on the modem. Ive only seen t he modem through webcam so I couldn't play around, we were NOT able to connect 2 machines one through usb and the other through ethernet. The cable...

Cable Modem [ 8 Answers ]

Can a cable modem be connected to any wall jack that a TV works in any room? Or does the Cable modem need to be isolated back to the coax coming in from the street and a special splitter needed. Thanks

Cable Modem / IP settings problem [ 6 Answers ]

Hello everyone. Perhaps someone wouldn't mind assisting me. My problem is that my internet has quit working on my computer. It worked fine until I unplugged the ethernet cable from it and then after that it was always "acquiring network address" then it says "Limited or no connectivity" My modem is...

View more questions Search