Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gat94 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 15, 2007, 08:29 AM
    Both CD and DVD drives get "insert a disk" message
    I have 2 optical drives. One is CD-ROM and one is DVD-ROM.

When I put a disc in either of the drives I get "please insert a disk in drive" error. It doesn't matter what type of disc I put in not does it matter which drive I put the disc in, I receive the same message.

Both the drives look good in Device Manager. Could this be a mother board issue? I'm stuck.
    gat94 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 15, 2007, 08:40 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by gat94
    I have 2 optical drives. One is CD-ROM and one is DVD-ROM.

When I put a disc in either of the drives I get "please insert a disk in drive" error. It doesn't matter what type of disc I put in not does it matter which drive I put the disc in, I receive the same message.

Both the drives look good in Device Manager. Could this be a mother board issue? I'm stuck.
    I found my problem. I just bought an MP3 player that plugs into the PC via USB (basically a drive). When I unplugged the MP3 player, both my optical drives began recognizing disks in the devices. Hope this helps someone else out.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pro's & Con's of "Compress drive to save disk space" [ 10 Answers ]

Hello everybody I have a question about "Compress drive to save disk space" checkbox that's located in the general tab of the Local Disk properties. I just discovered this feature and decided to save some disk on my laptop but when I applied this feature. A progress bar dialog box appeared and...

What I want to do if "local disk drive c" opens automatically [ 3 Answers ]

Hi; When I am log in to my computer each time my "local disk drive c" is opening automatically.what I want to do stop opening of drive.

"Invalid System Disk".Why won't Xubuntu install? [ 4 Answers ]

This is getting annoying! :confused: I've got an old Pentium III computer running Windows98; I added a used hard-drive and formatted it, and then tried to install Xubuntu on the second hard drive (I disconnected the first hard drive and set the formatted drive to "master". I don't quite...

External HDD Error "Insert A Disk Into Drive" [ 1 Answers ]

I have a WD HDD installed into an external case. When I plug it into a USB port, a drive letter appears in "System Hardware", and it says the driver is OK and the device is working properly. It even gives me the model number of the WD drive! Driver Agent even confirms that the driver is OK. ...

CD Rom & Burner Drives not listed in "My Computer" [ 8 Answers ]

I am hoping you can help me "reset" my drives. A few days ago I could not use my CD Rom drive nor burner as neither would read a CD. I went into the systems folder in the control panel and disconnected both from the device manger. I did this because there was a yellow icon over each drive and...

View more questions Search