Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Becky0808 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 27, 2006, 04:15 AM
    I'm twelve years old and I feel fat
    When I was about 10 I got really chubby, then all the way through year 7 I wuldent eat much, my parents wuld give me stuff to take to school but I would just throw it out, I wuld only eat when I was at home when my family was watching.
    So I lost a whole heap of weight
    But now when I eat at school I come home and I feel really fat, I look a bit chubbyer as well even though I don't weigh more.
    I use to be able to see some of my ribs but I can't anymore.
    I have also made myself vomit a couple of times.
    I feel like I maby shuld put on some weight because everyone is telling me 2 but when I do I just feel fat and not good about myself
    The only way I can ever feel good about myself is when I'm really skinny and when I look really skinny

I'm 12 and 167cm and I weigh 45.1kg's do I need to lose any weight:confused:
    Krs Posts: 2,906, Reputation: 320
    Ultra Member

Nov 27, 2006, 04:47 AM
    Right firstly vomiting is not going to solve your weight, its just going to cause more problems for you physically and mentally. Its very unhealthy.

What you have to conisder, is you are still SO young, you are still growing.

Really skinny people to most people look sickly. Very skinny people are unhealthy and to me personally look like clothes on a hanger walking, if u get my point.

Darling I'm 5ft 4, which is 167cm and I weigh 51kilos... that is the right weight for people our height, you are under weight...

STOP dieting and eat healthily.
    wizzkid89 Posts: 243, Reputation: 63

Nov 27, 2006, 04:07 PM
    In my honest opinion I think you should bring this up to your parents and convince them to give you help. Mainly because a) you already have an eating disorder or b) you are starting to develop one, either way the help you need will not be attained on this board. And honestly get help as soon as possible, the longer you wait the harder it becomes to right yourself. AND IT CAN BE FATAL. Doing what you are saying, will eventually lead to serious medical problems and likely death. I see it all the time people starve themselves, because they have a bad body image. You have to work that out in you head and then your body will follow through accordingly and that will only come when you get professional help. So please for your own life, seek help.
    Lynnengrad Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Nov 28, 2006, 02:47 AM
    Nope, you aren't fat.
    Trust me, hon. I know fat. :(
    Gillybeans Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Nov 29, 2006, 10:10 AM
    I know exactly how you feel except I'm slightly older than you are. I developed an eating disorder when I was around 16 because I felt fat, and to be honest I was pretty fat, I became 6 stone and my height 5"1,everyone noticed my ribs, but I felt better about myself, and healthier than I had done in a long time. But my mum got worried about me and threatened to put me on a drip, which I didn't want to do so she helped me start eating properly again, now I'm 7stone and although I feel fat, I keep eating because I don't want to put my family through that again.
    You have to see how much something like this can hurt the people that love you most, you're family will help you through it, you just need to ask for it?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

I want to get fat [ 34 Answers ]

Hey guys. For some reason I want to get fat. I've already gained 10 pounds. I find it erotic for some reason. I've always wanted to become fat my whole life but I couldn't because I was worried of what people would think of me. I'm 5'7 170. I have a chubby belly but I'm thinking of eating for fatty...

Need help on losing some fat [ 1 Answers ]

Hi there. I'm 21 years old, 6"4 (193cm) tall and weight about 92kg (about 202lbs +-2). I'm practicing Ju Jitsu and stick fighting on a daily basis. We also lift weights once a week (instead of Ju Jitsu). I have a problem with my waist fat. I don't have any fat on my arms, and have very little...

Chest fat [ 1 Answers ]

I did what you guys told me and lowered my calories intake and did more cardio.the thing is I lost fat on my upper chest area but there is still a lot of fat on my lower chest area "around the tits". Do I need to keep working out and do more cardio until I lose the fat or is there another way?

I'm getting fat! [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, Please can you help me I don't know if I am getting fat or not.I weigh 90pounds and I am about 150 cm tall, I have quite a lot of fat around my chest and back and my belly has a lot of fat and has rolls of fat but also hangs a bit over my trousers. Can you help me please...

Burning fat [ 1 Answers ]

While exercising, your blood has to be pumping at the rate of 120 or whatever it is to burn fat. How long do you have to have to exercise at this rate in order to burn 1 gram of fat? What about calories? What's better, a bread with 70 calories with 1 gram of fat or a bread with 90 calories with...

View more questions Search