Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Carebear99 Posts: 42, Reputation: 4

Jan 27, 2010, 05:51 PM
    Eating No Carbs and still not losing weight? Why?
    So I'm 23 years old, about 5'3 and I weigh 168 pounds. I used to weight 184 2 years ago and lost 16 pounds without even doing anything. I want to lose 28 pounds as fast as I can so I decided to try the No carb diet. So for the past 20 days, all I've been eating is eggs for breakfast... Salads with no dressing and either chicken or turkey and I drink 2 litres of water a day. I'm not into the whole exercise thing but I do Bikrams Yoga at least 3 times a week. Today I decided to weigh myself and found that I haven't lost any weight. I'm so frustrated. Could It be because I use Crystal Light in my water? Is cheese allowed on a no carb diet? Sometimes I have a few slices of lean deli meat with a few cubes of mozarella cheese as a snack. I used to drink about 4 cups of coffee a day but now I only have 1 cup of tea with a splash of milk and some splenda before bed. Does anyone have any suggestions on what I should change in order to lose more weight?
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jan 27, 2010, 06:24 PM

Drink just plain water - no Crystal Light or Splenda. Those contain aspertame and will fool your body into thinking it's hungry. The Splenda is not really sugar either. It's in the same category as aspertame.

Your body might have gotten to a plateau and just stopped losing. Try reading the Atkins Diet or the South Beach Diet for more tips on how to slim down.

I ate no carbs and was on the Atkins Diet and lost 20 lbs in about 2 months but when I started to eat carbs I gained a lot of it back.

You need to do some daily exercise even if it's just walking around the block. My large neighor lady started walking about 2 miles a day. She successfully lost and kept off about 40 lbs to date. She didn't do anything much different except cut out the pizza and soda and eat sensibly. She is about 5'2" and was near 185. She looks great now and she says she feels great.
    unicorn1 Posts: 19, Reputation: 4

Jan 27, 2010, 06:48 PM

Carebear the atkins diet usually works when on it but as soon as you introduce the carbs back into your diet you gain it all back if not more. This is the biggest problem that patients run into here at the weight loss clinic I work at. Your body is deprived of the carbs while on a no carb diet that it tends to hold on to them when you do consume them.
    For your age, amount that you want to loose and height I recommend that you follow a 1200 calorie menu plan. On that plan our patients here are recommended to have 2 servings of lean protein of 3-4 ounzes each, # full servings of veggies (these do not include high carb veggies like potatoes and corn) also 3 servings of fruits, 2 servings of starches/carbs (1 slice of bread for example would equal 1 serving, both fruits and starches should not be eaten past 4 hours before bedtime as they are both high in carbs so you want to burn those off plus carbs are your energy source so your body needs them during the day anyway. Your body does need GOOD fat to burn fat so have 2 sevings of unsaturated fats (example: raw unsalted almonds a SMALL handfull would be considered as a serving) last 2 servings of nonfat dairy (sorry that doesn't include cheese only milk and yogurt) yould also drink 80oz of water plus 25 oz for every 25 pounds you want to loose. Sorry this is so long but hope it helps... most of not all of our patients are successful with their weight loss when following this plan! GOOD LUCK!
    letmetellu Posts: 3,151, Reputation: 317
    Ultra Member

Jan 27, 2010, 07:56 PM

WALKING IS ONE OF THE BEST WAYS THERE IS TO LOSE WEIGHT.

You don't have to walk a mile at a time but just walk, walking a mile can be boring to some people but if you break it up into small walks it is easier to do. Also speed in your walking does not make a difference. If you walk a mile in ten minutes you have used a certain amount of calories but if it takes you twenty minutes to walk a mile you use the same amount of calories. Of course controlling you eating will always help you lose weight. Eat slower, chew longer, and you will feel satified sooner, and you will have eaten less in the long run.
    Carebear99 Posts: 42, Reputation: 4

Feb 1, 2010, 10:30 PM

Thanks a bunch for the pointers!! I will start doing exercise and try the meal plan letmetellu suggested. I will keep you guys updated with my success :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My dog is losing a lot of weight, not eating but drinks water constantly. What co [ 1 Answers ]

My dog is losing a lot of weight, not eating and drinks water constantly. What could be wrong with him?

Losing weight! :) [ 1 Answers ]

I have been walking briskly for 2 weeks and have lost 8 pounds (down to 135):D I have also been eating healtier, which definetlly has been working. I still have these "love handles" that I would love to get rid of, (leaving to go to the beach for Memorial Day weekend) I know there is no spot...

Losing too much weight! [ 4 Answers ]

Ive always been a skinny girl, like most in my family. Ive had two children which was the only times Ive ever gained weight. I love to eat, but never gain a pound, which is good, but normaly Im a size 5, pretty small. Now Im going down to a size 3 which I haven't been since middle school and Im now...

View more questions Search