Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ramba Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 15, 2008, 11:18 AM
    Need to loose my weight
    I posted my question on march.noone has answered for that?I am very much disappointed.
    I am not understanding what to do.
    startover22 Posts: 2,758, Reputation: 363
    Ultra Member

May 15, 2008, 11:52 AM
    I just read your other post. You answered your own question. You asked how to lose weight and you already know that better eating habits and excersize help with that.;)
    Are you still excersizing and eating healthier? I do know that it is hard to lose, but with time and cutting down on portions, and moving much more it will help. Good luck!
    dwilyn Posts: 17, Reputation: 3

Jul 4, 2010, 07:29 PM
    No secret to weight loss. Forget about diets.
    Simple formula.
    Calories in-calories out. That means if you consume more calories than you burn(usually or for the most part through exercise)you WILL gain weight. If you burn (mostly through exercise but sometimes through supplements like CLA and Irvingia that refine metabolism rate or inhibit carbohydrate absorption or consumption-more calories than you consume, then categorically you WILL lose weight!
    Now. What are the little tips that make it easier and more effective?
    1. Portion size-Most of us eat way more than we need simply because it is there in front of us or because our mother said "Take all you want but be very sure that you eat all you take. There is to be no food wasted in this house!". Try cutting your portion sizes by 1/3 and then by 1/2. You'll be amazed at how quickly you adjust to a whole lot fewer calories and not even be hungry.

2.Stop eating when you feel 1/2 to 2/3 full. Sounds silly but try it in spite of what your mother told you. It takes a little getting used to because of past habits but you can do it!
    3. Glycemic Index-In other words-Sweets. Cut down or cut out as much sugar as possible and the first place to look is coffee if you are a coffee hound like most of us are. Try some substitute sweeteners such as Stevia which is many times sweeter than sugar with none of the calories. I won't even get into candy, pastries and other hi carb sweets (Donuts?). Just try to reduce or cut them out altogether.

Finally. The biggest wild card in a weight loss routine? Exercise!!

I don't mean expensive fitness clubs or the YMCA. I just mean, at least at the beginning, just getting out and walking. Walk around the block and then around two blocks and do it every day. Don't tell me that you cannot spare 45 minutes to an hour every day to invest in your own good health and it does not cost you a cent. After you start losing the weight, if you want to accelerate the rate at which you lose you can go onto the internet and get all kinds of ideas as to which exercises are best for you. You can and you know you can. Change will come slowly so don't look for 10 pound weight loss in the first week but you will definitely and permanently lose weight.
    The sweetener to this whole deal is two things-How good you feel-mostly because of the endorphins you produce and secondly and probably most important at first are the compliments you receive like how much better you look.

Ultimate goal? You want to get hooked on endorphins which are naturally produced in your body when you exercise. Endorphins kill pain, reduce appetite, improve mood positively and in general give you a heightened sense of wellbeing.

WHO COULD ASK FOR ANYTHING MORE?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How Can I loose Weight [ 3 Answers ]

I'm 14 & I'm 5"2 I weigh 149 pounds can someone tell me how I can loose weight please...

Loose weight or loose my marriage! [ 60 Answers ]

I have been married for about 12 years , my husband has always had a problem with my weight. I have never been hugely overweight just a little pudgy.At one time I lost a lot of weight and got down to a size 4. I am now at the most I have ever weighed.180 size 12/14 See the thing is, for the past...

Loose weight [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I'm 11 yers old and I weigh 160 I have a thyroid gland promblem that make me fat but I need to loose weight about 20 pounds in 34 days please someone help me I don't want to become an obese child :(

Need to loose weight [ 3 Answers ]

I need to loose weight I weight about 160 pounds and I'm 11 years old I have to lose 20 pounds by 34 days please osmeone help me and I hjave a thyroid promblem I don't want to become obese :( someone help

How to loose weight [ 2 Answers ]

I am raju gurumitkal age 30 I am civil eingineer working in nirman group of companies pl help how to loose my weight at prsent my weight is 86 kg without any exercise how to loose weight help me

View more questions Search