Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    Rupee's Avatar
    Rupee Posts: 1, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Jan 14, 2012, 10:07 PM
    Bride Abandonded
    In November 2011 my niece married to an Indian national who has been living in USA for the last 10 years on H1 B visa. Marriage was performed in Mumbai, India. Her husband took her to the US consulate in Kolkatta to get her dependent visa. She was interviewed by an officer and visa was issued the same day. Both were supposed to fly back to San Deigo on 8th December 2011 to start their new married life. On 6th December, the husband canceled the ticket of my niece without letting her know. On 7th December, a day before scheduled flight he told her to follow him to USA after a week for some family reasons. He never booked any flight for her. He flew back to US on 8th December leaving her behind with his parents.

    After leaving India, this person has not contacted her and for all practical reasons he has abandoned her. His voice mail is full and he is not returning any emails from her. Although he phones and talks to his parents who live in Mumbai every day. He had left his wife with his parents who were mentally harassing her and treating her like a domestic servant. She is an educated girl with Master degree. Few days ago her in laws threw her out of their home, no where to go she contacted her relative in Mumbai, who gave her shelter. At present her parents are in Mumbai from Delhi to take care of her. They don't know how she can get justice. Her mother is my sister, I am a Canadian citizen and live in Alberta. I attended the wedding in India. Please help and suggest what can be done.
    Q. Since she has a dependent visa, can she come to USA and report the matter to authorities so that criminal charges can be laid and he be deported to India.


    colorblind's Avatar
    colorblind Posts: 68, Reputation: 1
    Junior Member

    Nov 4, 2012, 12:02 AM
    I don't know about the dependent visa, but you can register your complaint with the Mumbai police who will have his parents and relative for tactful investigation and might have him forcibly and legally to Mumbai. This sounds to be a serious case, I am worried for the gal. You can also launch a complaint with Mahila Aayog in Mumbai who are equally effective and faster like Mumbai police. All the best.
    smkanand's Avatar
    smkanand Posts: 602, Reputation: 56
    Senior Member

    Mar 15, 2013, 05:07 AM
    Sir, please go to the court and Indian as well as US consulate. Show them proofs of marriage and this person will be contacted by authorities.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Purchasing abandonded homes [ 1 Answers ]

What is the process for purchasing an abandoned home for the purposes of tearing it down to do something more productive with the property? :)

Bride and grooms thank you [ 2 Answers ]

If you have given a large amount of money to your son and daughter at their wedding is getting juat a photo thank you sufficdent. There was no personal note written with the photo. Also gave money before the wedding to help with other funds. When I ask bride why she did not write a personal...

Bride and Groom [ 5 Answers ]

A couple are in their hotel room on their honeymoon night. The groom removes his socks and reveals his mangled toes , the bride is aghast and says what happened to your toes. The groom says “I had TOLIO” as a child. The bride says don’t you mean “POLIO” so he says no it only affected my toes. ...

There goes the bride [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I have been in a relationship with a wonderful woman for the past 4 years. We have been engaged for about a year and one half. We had planned to marry about a week ago but 3 weeks before the wedding she decided that we need to postpone it until a later date. She explained to me that she was...

Adopting step son; mother abandonded [ 3 Answers ]

The father and I are not married, but we have lived together and have two other children in our relationship. Our oldest son came with dad and mom abandonded 6.5 years ago. She calls him once in a while and that is about it. She moved to CT and has stayed there ever since she left. She has not...

View more questions Search