Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JoeMicro Posts: 21, Reputation: 1

Feb 12, 2009, 04:55 PM
    Inserting Data To Access From DataGridView
    Hi,

I'm trying to build an application where the user could enter data in a datagridview and the it should be inserted into an Access Database (or to SQL Server which ever you will advise me to use)

I know who to create a DataSet, I tried creating a new DataTable in the dataset and bind that to the DGV but I couldn’t get it to work.

Could anybody give me a head start as in which Imports to use, are how to build the Insert Query, or maybe Linq is preferable ( I'm using Vb.net 2008)

Thank you,

Joe

Apr 4, 2009, 10:51 PM

Is this really such a hard task?

It looks as if nobody has got an answer.

But thanks for trying anyway.
    pankaj912 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 27, 2011, 01:36 AM
    This is possible my bro.
    U just write sql insert query & then use '" & DataGridView1.Item(1, I).Value & "' instead of '"& textbox1.text&"'

Its is my bro I'm using this tirck in my other project

Pankaj sharma
    [email protected]

Jan 29, 2011, 08:19 PM
    Comment on pankaj912's post
    You mean to loop through the data cell by cell?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to organize data so a programmer can access [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I need to develop a software/DLL that give user prior notice of an upcoming holiday events in whatever country/locality they are located in. Bear in mind the following issues, There are: a) approx 195 countries/states in the world b) on average each country has about 10-15 holidays per...

Want Button on Access Form for Inserting OLE Object into Table [ 1 Answers ]

Hi. I'm looking for a simple simple simple solution that will allow me to add a button to an Access form. When the button is clicked, a File Dialog box should appear allowing me to pick any file to insert into the OLE package. I've searched every corner of the web and have found a lot of...

Two users sharing access data at same time [ 2 Answers ]

Can a access database be worked on at the same time with more than one person working on it

How to access data after lightning strike? [ 5 Answers ]

After a lightning strike, my brother's computer has been left unusable. He took it to a computer repair shop who said the motherboard is probably faulty and they gave him a quote to repair it. However, the computer is 4 years old and he'd been wanting to get a new one anyway. So rather than...

View more questions Search