Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    desmon1 Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Oct 6, 2005, 07:34 PM
    Excel
    :rolleyes: I try to use excel to print an invoice, how can I put an invoice number that will auto upadate the next time I use the file?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 7, 2005, 05:20 AM
    You would need to do this with VBA code. I'm not so sure it's a good idea though. What happens if you just want to open the file to look at the last invoice. What I would do is record a macro to add 1 to the Invoice number, then make a button to run that macro when you want.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Oct 7, 2005, 05:56 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem
    . What I would do is record a macro to add 1 to the Invoice number, then make a button to run that macro when you want.
    My name is Need and I approve of this answer.

:thumbsup:

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Windows excel [ 1 Answers ]

Can anyone advise how to create a form with excel that is for continuous checks, form size: 8.5" x 7"? Page Setup Does Not Do The Job. The printer I'm using is an EPSON FX-880.

Excel help [ 1 Answers ]

I am using excel to record some data and I have it setup to do some math based on the info that I put into certain cells. Now what I am wondering is am I able to setup the sheet so that it will prompt me for the 4 pieces of data that I want to enter and then place those in the proper cells and then...

Question about MS Excel [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I want to copy & transpose the content of one spreadsheet to another without cell reference changing. It seems that I just cannot use Paste Link and Transpose at the same time. What should I do? Thanks in advance, Wei

Hyperlink in Excel [ 1 Answers ]

Dear Ask me, Could you please tell me how to create a hyperlink In Excel so that it opens a specific word in a Word Document? Thanks, Cris

Excel gridlines [ 1 Answers ]

How do I get gridlines to print when I am creating a prototype, so some cells have no data in them. I wish to fill them in later by pen. I know how to get the gridlines to print with data in the cells, but they will not print without any data in the cells. Thanks, dg

View more questions Search