Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    Atenna's Avatar
    Atenna Posts: 1, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    May 24, 2009, 11:05 AM
    Tourist Visa or Student Visa?
    Hello everyone.. I hope y'all doing great.

    Well, I came to the USA with a tourist visa when I was 14. I'm 19 now and graduated from high school. I want to go to college but for what I know I cannot study here with a tourist visa ( expires in 2010). So, my question is, how can I change my tourist visa to a student visa? What are the requirements? What would the consequences be for over staying my visit? What papers would I need? How much would it cost? Would I get deported or go to jail? Do I need a lawyer??

    I know, that was more than one question lol. I hope someone can answer them. Thankkks guys!
    Clough's Avatar
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

    May 24, 2009, 05:15 PM

    Hi, Atenna!

    Greetings and WELCOME to the site! I just moved your question that you had posted in Introductions to this forum topic area so that it will get the most exposure to those who are best able to answer it. Introductions is for people to introduce themselves and we try to not ask questions there.

    It can be a little confusing when first learning how to use this site! Your question will get noticed much more in this forum topic area.

    We would appreciate it if you would return to Introductions sometime to tell us a little about yourself though, if you would be willing to do that.


Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tourist visa to student visa [ 4 Answers ]

I have sufficient funds to support my studies and my parents are willing sponsor me. Will it be difficult to change my B2 visa to F1 if in case I plan to study in US? Do I really need to declare my intention to study upon arrival at the port of entry?

L2 visa status change to student visa [ 5 Answers ]

HOw do I go about changing my daughters L2 visa to a student visa as she wants to start college in the fall, Her L2 visa expires in June 2009

J1 visa quit tourist visa [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I'm German and am currently on an industrial training program on a J1 visa. I want to quit my program because it sucks. 1) How much time do I have to leave the country after my contract gets terminated? And 2) Can I fly back in to the US on a tourist visa? I'm asking because I do have a lot...

Can change Tourist visa to Dependency visa in you.S [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, If I travelled on tourist visa to U.S and get married there. Is there any way to change my touist visa to Dependent visa there itself.

K1 fiancˇe visa or tourist visa [ 1 Answers ]

1) Which will be easier to get. 2) What will be the dollar amount. 3) How long will they take.

View more questions Search