Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    ashdex's Avatar
    ashdex Posts: 2, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Nov 3, 2010, 04:40 PM
    Green card & Passport Question
    I'm traveling to my home country but my passport and green card have 2 different last names. Will taking my marriage certificate be enough for when I re-enter the US?
    lawanwadee's Avatar
    lawanwadee Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 124
    Immigration Expert

    Nov 3, 2010, 11:19 PM

    Immigration officer can get access to all your info just by swiping the card, so they know your names and everything else about you. If it makes you feel more confident, then take a copy of marriage certificate with you.

    Make sure your name on the ticket is exactly the same as in your passport... good luck.
    ashdex's Avatar
    ashdex Posts: 2, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Nov 3, 2010, 11:44 PM
    Thank You :-)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Different name in the passport and Green card [ 3 Answers ]

My Wife's last name is different in Passport and Green card. I have booked flight ticket matching Green card. Will I have problem traveling outside US? She is visiting India next month.

Green card=passport [ 3 Answers ]

I am an US citizen I just recently married my husband who is from Laos but came to america when he was 4 years old he currently has held a green card and stated that he has held permanent residence. We are attempting to travel to mexico for our honeymoon. What would be the process or the next step...

US passport after Green card [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am Indian Citizen and I have US green card, and now I want to apply for US passport. What is procedure for that? Where and how should I proceed? Please reply me as soon as possible. Thank you

Passport last name different from green card [ 1 Answers ]

This is with regards to my previous question before which is last name in green card different from passport,although I already went to INS to verify if my son can still travel and was advice he can and just bring all the necessary documents for proof of identity of which we have(legitimation...

Passport last name different from green card [ 1 Answers ]

My son came in US using my last name in his passport and green card,last year his passport was renewed and last name was changed using my husbands last name.But my son's green card is still with my last name.Question is... We are planning to go home in philippines but I'm worried that this will...

View more questions Search