Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    s_arceno's Avatar
    s_arceno Posts: 3, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Jan 7, 2008, 09:44 PM
    Applying for a short stay romania (h1b visa expiring 9/08) planning to leave US 8/08-
    Can somebody help me? I am planning to visit romania on August 2008. My fiance's parents are inviting me to romania for me and my fiancÚ to get married over there.

    I am curretly holding an h1b status ( I don't have a stamped visa since I've changed my status here in the usa from G-5 to H1b ), it is expiring by the end of September 2008.

    If I try to go to romania without extending my current status here in america and planning of not coming back in america anymore--- would the romanian embassy approve me for a short stay in romania?

    My fiancÚ and I were planning to get married in romania and then I go back to philippines to apply for a long stay.
    kewl_dude001's Avatar
    kewl_dude001 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Feb 7, 2008, 12:35 PM

    The best option is for you to apply a multiple entry visa to Romania. You don't have to tell
    The Romanian embassy authority that you are going not going to come back to US again.
    If they ask, just tell them that you have friends in Romania and would like to visit them
    Frequently. In this way you will be able to get the max. 90 days short duration visa.
    You can apply for Multiple entry visa for 90 days valid up to End of September 2008.

    You will need the following documents :

    1) Notarised invitation from your fiancÚ / her parents stating that will take care of your
    Expenses for that period ( 90 days in your case).
    2) Return Air ticket ( you should book a return ticket to avoid hassles during immigration
    In Romania). It can be 2-3 week return so that the inquiring officer should not doubt
    Your intentions.
    3) Your bank statements ( provide all your bank statements to show that you are financially
    4) Your last month salary slip ( optional)
    5) Credit card statement
    6) Passport copy
    7) Any document showing your H1B visa status valid in USA.
    8) One photograph.

    If you have any further queries do not hesitate to ask.


Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Should I Stay With Him Or Leave Him! [ 5 Answers ]

Ok well I have this boyfriend I have been with him for 1 year and 8 months our relationship was great until well this one girl came in, she is ugly in a way but pretty 2... well my boyfriend would talk to her and they were friends and than well I guess he called her once and was talking to her and...

Applying for H1 Visa while H4 Visa Processing is going on [ 7 Answers ]

Hi All, I am Raj. The following is my query... My wife went for H4 Visa interview on Mar 2nd in India and they asked for 2 more months payslips. Now she will go again in May with additional payslips to get her H4 stamped. In the meanwhile can we apply H1 for her in US under this year quota? ...

Canadian immigrant applying for US spouse Visa [ 1 Answers ]

I am a Canadian Immigrant and will be giving my citizenship test this year by the and of July , 2007. My husband has got a H1 (work Visa) in America and heis working with Nokia in, Dallas. Am I eligible to get US spouse Visa on the basis of my husband from Canada?

Applying H1B and H4 visa simultaneously [ 0 Answers ]

Hi there, I'm currently working in US. Need to apply H4 dependent visa for my spouse. Her H1B working visa has already been initiated. 1) When can she initiate H4 in this situation i.e. after getting the H1B petition or after H1B visa stamping is done? 2) If she can initiate H4 after...

View more questions Search