Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hello4397 Posts: 68, Reputation: 1

Sep 24, 2007, 02:47 PM
    Hunger strike
    Hi I'm planning on going on a hunger strike in my room, and if you don't approve of this don't comment, anyway I'm looking for tips please.
    firmbeliever Posts: 2,919, Reputation: 463
    Ultra Member

Sep 24, 2007, 04:07 PM
    May I ask, why?
    sGt HarDKorE Posts: 656, Reputation: 98

Sep 24, 2007, 04:07 PM
    Maybe eat a lot he day before you do it so you can withstand longer
    softbalgrl1331 Posts: 157, Reputation: 10

Nov 4, 2007, 06:21 PM
    Well if this is to provoke your parents to not do something like: "I'll never eat again if we move to Ohio" then I suggest you ask your friends for food the day before and then stash that food in a hiding spot and then the next day lock yourself in your room and your parents will think you never came out for food and they will probably change their mind
    br_hjs Posts: 160, Reputation: 11
    -

Nov 4, 2007, 06:23 PM
    Yeah, why are you? Do you know the dangers? How old are you?
    Keatts16 Posts: 36, Reputation: 2

Nov 6, 2007, 05:39 PM
    Eat tons of carbs like bread the day before. Lasting energy that can be used later. Also sleep helps tons. For a couple reasons. The more you sleep the more energy you have. Plus, if you are asleep you won't be thinking about food. When my sleeping pattern was off a lot this summer, I at like 1 meal a dayu because I got up at like 2 and ate dinner and then went and did things for a few hours and went back to bed.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Nov 6, 2007, 06:25 PM
    I have told my son (and others), "IT's your stomach not mine!"
    Then they would complain that I didn't cook for them or call them when dinner was ready!
    Go figure!
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Nov 6, 2007, 08:11 PM
    Tips on how to go on a hunger strike. Not too hard to figure out here - you state your reasons for the strike and your demands and then strike until the demands are met.
    Are you planning on drinking water? You can do that and still be on a hunger strike. You should drink water. How lond do you think you can last? The average person can make it about 60 days before medical intervention is a mandate. Physiologists generally agree that no human being can survive losing more than 40 percent of his body mass.

So what are your plans if your demands are not met? Can you hold out? Do you know what happens to a body during a prolonged fast? Fasting becomes dangerous after just three to five days, at which point the body begins breaking down fat in order to produce energy. When the liver is reduced to breaking down fat (in lieu of the usual glucose), it produces ketone bodies, a toxic byproduct. These can be excreted through the urine, and a particular variety known as acetone can be expelled through the lungs. (Acetone makes a person's breath smell like pears.) Ketone bodies can also be oxidized by the brain in order to make the fuel it needs. But when ketone bodies become too numerous in the bloodstream, they can cause ketoacidosis, a potentially lethal condition that afflicts some diabetics.

It's all downhill after Week 3, or whenever weight loss exceeds 18 percent of the starting weight. The body tries to compensate by slowing down its metabolism, entering "starvation mode." Still, once fat stores are entirely depleted, the body has no choice but to mine the muscles and vital organs for energy. The striker simply wastes away as his body, quite literally, consumes itself.

The 60-day figure that is commonly quoted as the absolute limit assumes that the striker is a healthy adult with approximately 24 pounds of fat on his or her frame. Someone with a higher fat content might be able to last longer, since that person's body could delay turning to the vital organs for fuel.

I am not approving nor disapproving of your plans - just giving you some facts.
    AbovenBeyond Posts: 35, Reputation: 4

Jan 20, 2011, 03:26 PM
    Bears do it by stuffing themselves before the ordeal. They also sleep a lot too so you might want to sleep a lot and stuff your face the week before. Haa
    jenniepepsi Posts: 4,042, Reputation: 533
    Ultra Member

Jan 20, 2011, 04:00 PM

Put your doctor on a speed dial on your phone :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Painful Hunger [ 6 Answers ]

Why does our tummies hurt when we're really hungry?

Strike to ribs [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have been hit hard to the rib cage and could not move for 1st day, 3rd day still moving very slowly. Extreme pain in the back muscles rhomboid and serratus ? I am curious about all the sounds of popping and creaking going on around the left side of my rib cage from the front to the back. It...

Undying hunger [ 8 Answers ]

I seem to have this undying hunger. I am about 3 months along, and I am hungry every minute of the day. It's very upsetting, because I'm always hungry, but the thought of food makes me ill right now. There are only 2 things that I can eat without getting sick. Any advice? I know this will pass,...

Counter-Strike [ 3 Answers ]

Ok does anyone know how to change your spray logo on Halflife: CounterStrike? If you know how please tell me..

View more questions Search