Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    carancpa's Avatar
    carancpa Posts: 3, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Mar 24, 2016, 01:27 AM
    Transcripts, closed college, Bauder College, Sacramento, CA
    I graduated with an AA in Fashion Design from Bauder College, 641 Howe Ave, Sacramento, CA in 1978. According to the Department of Education the school was last listed as Bauder College Specializing in Career Education OPEID 01159900 and closed on March 22, 1991. How can I get a copy of my transcripts as the graduate school requires a copy in order to be admitted? Thanks, Caran Ebert, CPA
    Fr_Chuck's Avatar
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,302, Reputation: 7692

    Mar 24, 2016, 01:49 AM
    The State Department of Education (which appears you have already talked to) would be the only people with this.

    If the school was accredited with the Department of Education then they would have a copy of it.
    If it was not accredited, there really is no copy anyway.

    I will note, that to go into a Masters Program you must have a BS or BA degree, so you had to transfer your AA degree credits to them, to be awarded your Bachelor degree. So the classes from the AA degree that transferred to your Bachelor would or should show up on the transcript from the Bachelor degree
    carancpa's Avatar
    carancpa Posts: 3, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Mar 24, 2016, 01:13 PM
    Thank You for your response. My AA degree was in Fashion Design and my Bachelor of Science Business Administration/Accounting... no transferred classes. Started over and had additional AA Business at American River College/Cosumnes River College and simultaneous 4 certificates (Banking, Management, Accounting, Computer) to get basic classes that would transfer. Enrolling in Masters of Science Taxation. Bauder College, Sacramento was accredited. University of Nevada will not give out the former transcript information that was in their files. I have not talked to the Department of Education, they just show Bauder College, Sacramento on their list of CLOSED accredited colleges.
    Fr_Chuck's Avatar
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,302, Reputation: 7692

    Mar 24, 2016, 08:19 PM
    The local office of the Department of Education of your State, would have the records for any accredited school that closed.

    I can't see, why a Master's program would want this, since it has little to do with your future degree, and you already have a undergraduate degree.
    You should be able to apply and be accepted even without mentioning this school at all.
    lisadesigns's Avatar
    lisadesigns Posts: 1, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Sep 8, 2016, 01:23 PM
    The transcripts from Bauder College are no longer available. They've been closed since 1991, and records were NOT kept.
    DarlRichards's Avatar
    DarlRichards Posts: 1, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Oct 14, 2016, 03:20 PM
    Colleges with Degrees are required to keep Transcripts for 50 years. Those without Degrees only 5.

    Here is an address that may have your Transcript.

    Bureau for Private Postsecondary Education
    P.O. Box 980818
    West Sacramento, CA 95798-0818
    Phone: (916) 574-7720
    sgilm79's Avatar
    sgilm79 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Nov 15, 2016, 08:08 AM
    The BPPE said they do not have records for this school and it was never approved by them.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Transcripts from NEC-Bauder College [ 0 Answers ]

House fire destroyed my records, how can I get?

Getting my transcripts from my college that closed [ 0 Answers ]

I did not receive my transcripts before Newport Business Institute in Williamsport Pa closed, How do I locate them?

View more questions Search