Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    janligwo Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 4, 2010, 03:35 PM
    SAT vs. ACT test for college/Univ. admission
    As parent, I am new to this question. What really is the differences between SAT and ACT test? Is this depends on which region of college/Univ. your kid is planning to apply? Will most (or all) of the college/Univ. accept either one of them? My kid took ACT already. Does she need to take SAT too? I heard one of these two types of test will report "ALL" test scores to the school you want to apply if you take more than one time of that test. Is it true? Please advise.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 4, 2010, 07:54 PM

It can depend on what the college they want to attend require. So have you contated the colleges they may wish to apply to and ask them what requirements are ?
    XOXOlove Posts: 830, Reputation: 131

Apr 4, 2010, 08:15 PM

A lot of schools on the west coast usually take ACT scores. In most other places colleges look mainly at the SAT, but also consider ACT scores. All of the colleges I applied to last year took only SAT scores, but it really depends on the schools your child is applying to. If you check the schools' websites you can easily find out which tests are required.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

SAT/ACT test prep class fees and tax deductibility [ 1 Answers ]

I am enrolling my rising high school senior in a course to better prepare her to take the SAT and ACT exams. If I use my IRA savings to pay for this course, can this be considered a "higher education expense" and therefore become an IRA withdrawal without penalty?

College apps, SAT scores tax deductible? [ 3 Answers ]

Are college app fees and SAT/ACT test fees tax deductible?

SAT/ACT Question [ 4 Answers ]

Okay, I'm homeschooled, and just don't feel ready for the SATs, although I'm a junior. Does it matter when I take the SATs? Could I take them next fall instead of spring, or even spring of 08? Would this make a big difference to colleges looking at my applications? Also, can you take both the...

View more questions Search