Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tmorris71 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 31, 2007, 05:41 PM
    Weedeater featherlite trimmer
    "if no line is out, it won't feed, pull on that knob to take it out, it'll have a arrow and a tiny, tiny hole.... get the specified line if its out, insert a little into that hole and wind it in the direction of the arrow, and poke a little out the hole on the head of the trimmer and pop the feeder back in"

Are you suppose to tie a knot in trimmer line so it won't pull through at the end of the string? Mine won't stay in towards the end. I am using .08 trim line... please help. I have had this trimmer for alomost 10 years and have never done anyhting to it but I can't remember how to get the string to stay in. If I tie a knot in it it won't feed because it won't compress all the way... does that make any sense? Again pleas help...
    RichardBondMan Posts: 832, Reputation: 66

May 31, 2007, 09:05 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tmorris71
    "if no line is out, it won't feed, pull on that knob to take it out, it'll have a arrow and a tiny, tiny hole.... get the specified line if its out, insert a little into that hole and wind it in the direction of the arrow, and poke a little out the hole on the head of the trimmer and pop the feeder back in"

Are you suppose to tie a knot in trimmer line so it wont pull thru at the end of the string? Mine wont stay in towards the end. I am using .08 trim line....please help. I have had this trimmer for alomost 10 years and have never done anyhting to it but I can't remember how to get the string to stay in. If I tie a knot in it it wont feed because it wont compress all the way...does that make any sense? Again pleas help...
    I thought that model used .065 line not .08, I think you probably meant to say .80 line.
    tmorris71 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 7, 2007, 06:18 PM
    Ok you are right I missed typed. . 80 , either way how does it stay in machine at end of spool. Is it suppose to fly out or is a knot used?. If I tie a knot then it does not compress for a bump feed... keeping in mind it is about 8 years old and the only thing I have done is put fuel in it...
    RichardBondMan Posts: 832, Reputation: 66

Jun 7, 2007, 07:04 PM
    Probably has a hole to insert the line into, wrap in the direction of the arrow on the spool, probably have to tie a knot at the end of the line on the spool to keep it from coming out.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

WeedEater FeatherLite [ 5 Answers ]

I have a WeedEater FeatherLite gas trimmer and last weekend it just stopped working as I it was in use. I tried to start it up and the pull string won't move an inch. Any ideas as to how to fix this? Thanks

Weedeater Featherlite Plus help [ 3 Answers ]

Hello all I have a Weedeater Featherlite Plus and has been a good tool to me. I have a problem, though. Lately, when I crank the weedeater up and place the lever from half choke to full choke, the weedeater goes from its usual roar, to a hum, even when I push the throttle down all the way, and...

Featherlite weedeater [ 1 Answers ]

My mother has this weedeater and wanting to do something nice for her I was going to us it and weed eat around her place. The thing is this doesn't look like the weedeaters I'm used to I can't find out how to get the bloody line in. My mom not knowing either. I read about it being bump and go,...

Featherlite Plus Weedeater - Line Trimmer [ 1 Answers ]

My trimmer only works if I hold it so that the fuel is up to the top. It appears that a tube should be in the tank to feed the fuel to the engine when the tank is low. What part or parts will I need to fix this and where can I get them? Thanks!

View more questions Search