Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sherribb Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 1, 2007, 06:36 AM
    Weedeater featherlite
    I purchased a weedeater featherlite at a yard sale, so there's no owners manual. What is the proper start procedure? I know nothing about using clutches (unless they're in a car :o )
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

May 1, 2007, 07:19 AM
    Well you are in luck because the clutch is automatic. The head will only spin when you rev up the engine speed. Start by dumping all old fuel from the eater. I'd pull the plug and get an exact replacement gapped to specs. Mix a 40:1 ratio of gas to 2 cycle oil (not 30w automotive oil) fill the tank. The Weedeater has a priming pump which needs to be pushed at least 3 times prior to starting. Since we dumped the gas I'd give it 10 pumps. Most have a manual choke which should be set for full choke, then pull the starter rope 3-4 times. If it doesn't start try holding the throttle trigger full open while pulling on the rope. Try this site for possibly getting a manual. Small Engine Parts Warehouse Simplicity Tractor Toro Online Parts Lists and Lookup
    sherribb Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 1, 2007, 07:46 AM
    Thanks for your advice, I'll try doing that.
    dlwegie Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 16, 2008, 11:14 AM
    Go to this web page and look half way down and you will see where you can download an owner's manual.

Find Weed Eater Featherlite Plus Gas Trimmer, 16" and other String Trimmers & Accessories at Aubuchon Hardware
    dlwegie Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 16, 2008, 11:15 AM
    Go to this web page and look half way down and you will see where you can download an owner's manual.
    Find Weed Eater Featherlite Plus Gas Trimmer, 16" and other String Trimmers & Accessories at Aubuchon Hardware
    MOWERMAN2468 Posts: 3,214, Reputation: 243
    Ultra Member

Jun 16, 2008, 04:13 PM
    Did you get it to start yet?
    1koolpop Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 18, 2009, 11:48 AM
    I purchased a weedeater feather lite plus back in 2002, my fuel tank lines have begun to crack and break apart. Do I need to buy a new tank with lines or just replace the lines. Where can I buy a new tank?

Thank you
    1koolpop
    blue77 Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Jul 18, 2009, 03:24 AM

Weed Eater Instruction manuals are available for download from:

InstructionSheets.com - Weed Eater Instruction Sheets

Good luck

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

WeedEater FeatherLite [ 5 Answers ]

I have a WeedEater FeatherLite gas trimmer and last weekend it just stopped working as I it was in use. I tried to start it up and the pull string won't move an inch. Any ideas as to how to fix this? Thanks

Weedeater Featherlite Plus help [ 3 Answers ]

Hello all I have a Weedeater Featherlite Plus and has been a good tool to me. I have a problem, though. Lately, when I crank the weedeater up and place the lever from half choke to full choke, the weedeater goes from its usual roar, to a hum, even when I push the throttle down all the way, and...

Weedeater Featherlite Plus [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I'd like to find an exploded view diagram, specifically of the fuel tank, filter, and fuel lines of a "WEEDEATER FEATHERLITE PLUS" by Poulan. Hope you can help.

Featherlite Weedeater [ 2 Answers ]

Hi:I wonder could someone tell me the proper procedure how to install the fuelline and filter inside the fuel tank on my Featherlite Weedeater? The old fuelline is cracked in several places and need to be replaced.It's the fuelline inside the fueltank.really appreciate it. Thanks Slade.

Featherlite weedeater [ 1 Answers ]

My mother has this weedeater and wanting to do something nice for her I was going to us it and weed eat around her place. The thing is this doesn't look like the weedeaters I'm used to I can't find out how to get the bloody line in. My mom not knowing either. I read about it being bump and go,...

View more questions Search