Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dsam93 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 26, 2007, 03:23 PM
    Pull Start Cord will not retract
    The last time I started my mower, the cord did not retract. Is there an easy way to get it to retract? Or should I take it to a repair shop?
    Dr D Posts: 698, Reputation: 127

Apr 26, 2007, 04:45 PM
    If the recoil mechanism is just hung up, you might be able to free it with some gentle pull and release. If the spring inside has uncoiled, it is a frustrating job to take it apart and rewind the spring. I would take it to a shop where they do that all day long.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Toro Lawnmower Pull Cord [ 4 Answers ]

How do I replace my pull cord on my Toro Recycler Lawn Mower. It appears to have rivets holding it down. Do I really need to unscrew the entire enginge?

I can't pull the starter cord on my 10hp Briggs and Stratton Engine [ 6 Answers ]

I recently purchased a two year old 10 hp Troy Built wood chipper. I've used it for about 4-5 hours and recently had to add a little oil. I added the correct type as per the manufacturers instructions. It started up just fine and after 15 minutes or so I shut it off to empty the bag. Once the...

Pull cord won't pull on Murray 2.0 mower [ 7 Answers ]

I have a Murray/Briggs 6.0 engine mower and the pull cord is sticking. It will stop after pulling about 4 inches. Then if I jiggle the pull cord it will extend another 4 inches. I can see a plastic piece that seems to be stopping it at every four inches. What is causing this and what is the repair...

Pull cord light switch [ 1 Answers ]

I pulled the cord from my pull cord light switch. What should I do? Do I have to replace the whole fixture or can I replace the cord? OHH!! Before I forget the cord is totally pulled out. There is no cord visible. I haven't take the fixture off Thanks for all the help:confused:

View more questions Search