Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Devallon Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 3, 2013, 02:06 AM
    Briggs & Stratton Vanguard Service Manual
    I have a Briggs and Stratton Vanguard 16hp V twin engine in my mower and it has been running fine. The starter packed up when the gear stripped and I replaced this yesterday. On starting up the engine again, it is back firing as though the timing is out - which I don't think it can be as the flywheel has a woodruff key in it so it can't be in the wrong place.
    Is the ignition timing adjustable and if do how ? Does anyone have a pdf manual on these engines they would be prepared to email to me ?
    It seems odd to have gone wrong when all I have done is remove the flywheel and replace it ? Any ideas would be appreciated.
    Thanks
    Bill >Email address removed per site rules<

Check out some similar questions!

Briggs and stratton repair manual 16 hp vanguard [ 2 Answers ]

Small oil leak at crank seal of 16hp v-twin vanguard, can the seal be replaced without engine teardown?

Briggs & Stratton 18 HP Vanguard [ 5 Answers ]

I am trying to fix a Toro 3100 Triplex mower used on a golf course. The machine has about 2500 hours on it. It is powered by a I am trying to fix a Toro 3100 Triplex mower used on a golf course. The machine has about 2500 hours on it. It is powered by a Briggs & Stratton 18 HP Vanguard V-Twin ...

Briggs and stratton vanguard 16 hp manual [ 0 Answers ]

I have an argo with 16hp van horizontal,Put it away last fall, now no spark at the plug but if I put a screwdriver in the plugwire and hold it near ground I get a weak spark when turned over. Is my problem the coils or?

Briggs & Stratton Vanguard V 16 [ 0 Answers ]

I have a riding lawmower with a B&S Vanguard V16 motor. The motor has nearly 500 hours. After the motor runs has warmed up, it appears to miss fire or hesitate as the motor turns over. I had a similar experience shortly after buying the mower new and the problem was diagnosed as a faulty dual...

Briggs & Stratton 16 hp Vanguard [ 2 Answers ]

Hello all, I have a this 16 HP Vanguard motor that came on a Dosko stump grinder. My problem is that the fuel will weep into the block and fill my cylinders. It also drips out of some sort of metal intake line that has nothing attached to it. This intake does suck air as it will kill the engine if...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.