Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MicahNoah1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 12, 2012, 10:44 PM
    Working on the underside of riding John Deer 100 series lawn mower
    What is the best way to work on the bottom of the John Deer 100 Series Riding lawn mower deck without taking the deck off? I have a bad foot and it is hard to take the deck off. My blade is stuck for some reason and I need a safe way to look at it and work on it. When I try to start the blade it tries to start to turn but then shuts the motor off.
    crigby Posts: 4,343, Reputation: 107
    Outdoor Power Equipment Expert

Jul 8, 2012, 06:38 PM
    Hi,
    There is one easy way, but Deere does publish some good instructions on decks with removal, belt replacement and installation covered in most.
    Peace,
    Clarke
    PS I attached the official document from JDAnswers
    Attached Images
  1. File Type: pdf lseriesdeck.pdf (459.2 KB, 129 views)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

John Deer Riding Riding Lawn Mower Won't Start [ 9 Answers ]

Hello, I have a John Deer Riding Lawn Mower LX 173. It won't start. It ran fine last fall and I have a new battery on it. It will start with the help of starting fluid and run for just a second and then shut off. I found a hose disconnected on it but I'm not sure where it goes. It was laying...

John deer riding mower [ 3 Answers ]

I need to know how to change a mower drive belt on a 48 inch john deer riding mower

John Deer Riding Mower [ 1 Answers ]

Mower stops running when blade is engaged.

John Deer riding mower [ 1 Answers ]

I have an old John Deer riding mower, 11HP engine (Model# 52707,Type 0228-01, Code 8110211).It starts great and runs fine, but after mowing grass with it for a little while it start to smoke from the bottom of the engine and starts leaking oil.Then it starts to loose power. Is the main oil seal...

View more questions Search