Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ridermowing Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Aug 30, 2011, 09:06 AM
    What causes my Craftsman tractor B&S engine RPM to vary?
    Hi, my Briggs & Stratton 19.5 HP engine was running OK, but now it seems to lose power then gain power when moving forward. This is without the mower deck engaged. When the engaged it seems to run smoothly. Anyone with ideas?

Check out some similar questions!

2004 Craftsman garden tractor 25 hp Kohler engine [ 2 Answers ]

Before I purchase, has anyone experienced mechanical problems with Kohler engine?

Craftsman Lawn tractor 15 hp engine shutting off after 10 min of use. Causes? [ 1 Answers ]

~1999 Craftsman lawn tractor, 15 hp kohler, checked cooling fins, dead man switches, changed oil and filter , no change. Noted oil remaining in pocket below where oil filter attaches. What might be some of the causes?

Sears Craftsman Lawn Tractor 17.5 HP B&S Engine [ 2 Answers ]

Had a bad starter motor replaced replaced start solenoid and magneto. Tractor will now start and run fine for 5 minutes. Or so then die. Won't restart. Also replaced battery and did a tune up. Checked fuel solenoid and it's not shorted or open. Battery is charging when tractor runs. This is...

Craftsman lawn tractor engine problem [ 11 Answers ]

I have a craftsman lawn tractor 10hp model 917.254220. The engine is a Tecumseh tvm220-157106h. The engine is seized up. Can anyone tell me the best option for a engine replacement. I can't find another tvm220-157106h. Thanks Jim

Craftsman Lawn tractor engine dies [ 6 Answers ]

I have a Craftsman lawn tractor (model #917-257481). The engine dies when I pull out the PTO switch to engage the mower. Have replaced PTO switch and the "clutch" switch. It still does it. I can hear the PTO engage. With the new "clutch" switch installed it also dies when you let out the clutch. I...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.