Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    concreteform Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 13, 2010, 03:31 AM
    14.5 briggs and stratton oil fill tube
    I have a 14.5 hp briggs and stratton I c engine that is getting oil in the vacume tube to the fuel pump, and oil leaking fro the valve cover. Are these two simptoms related. Also won't stay running , acts like it's out of gas and dies.
    crigby Posts: 4,343, Reputation: 107
    Outdoor Power Equipment Expert

Jul 13, 2010, 08:44 AM

Hi,
    First check for a blown head gasket causing the crankcase to pressurize too much.
    Peace,
    Clarke
    concreteform Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 13, 2010, 09:38 AM
    Thanks! I had a bad valve cover gasket, changed it and now life is good, ran for 2 hrs.sounds like new again.Thanks again!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

16 hp briggs and stratton engine pushing oil into crankcase breather tube [ 7 Answers ]

16 hp briggs and stratton engine pushing oil into crankcase breather tube. The engine is in a Cub Cadet 582 and the oil collects in the air cleaner pan. The oil level is correct. Any idea what might be wrong? Thanks in advance for your help.

What Gas What Oil for a briggs and stratton [ 7 Answers ]

I just bought a murray 11/36 riding mower with a briggs and stratton engine, mind you I am a city boy from northern California, and I don't know a thing about riding mowers. What type of gas do I use and what kind of oil do I use? I do know in a regular mower I use unleaded gas and 2 cycle oil.

Oil in carberator briggs and stratton [ 3 Answers ]

What causes oil in carberator, briggs and stratton

15 HP Briggs and Stratton, Oil in Carb [ 1 Answers ]

Briggs 15 HP OHV, Model 311707, type 0138-E1, code 010228ZE. 151 hours on engine. Large volume of oil being blown into carb/air cleaner. Heavy clouds of gray smoke. Oil level on dip stick normal. Engine loads up and dies. What are possible causes and solutions? Woodman 65

15.5 Briggs & Stratton, How much oil? [ 1 Answers ]

:( My husband is trying to change the oil on a 15.5 briggs & stratton (riding mower) - he cannot find anywhere where it tells him how much oil needs to be replaced, and he does not want to put too much in. Can someone please help? :)

View more questions Search