Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    goldmaker4 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 20, 2009, 02:23 PM
    Why won't my riding lawn mower crank?
    I have a bolens riding lawn mower, it was working fine. Then one day it just wouldn't
    Crank. It does nothing, no turning over, no clicks or anything. I replaced the battery.
    And still nothing, is it perhaps a safety switch?
    crigby Posts: 4,343, Reputation: 107
    Outdoor Power Equipment Expert

Jul 20, 2009, 05:19 PM

Hi,
    Yes, it probably is a safety switch. Nowadays they are on the brake and the blade engagement. Of course, double check that the blades are turned off; not as obvious if it is an electric clutch.
    Peace,
    Clarke

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Gas pouring out air filter, lawn mower won't crank [ 3 Answers ]

My mom has a Snapper, 15hp Kohler engine. The last time she mowed the grass it ran fine. She turned it off for about an hour and it wouldn't crank again. Gas poured out of the air filter. Later, she got it running but for only a few minutes and it shut down. Could it have something to do with...

Craftsman Lawn Mower Will Not Crank Due To Loose Bar. [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Craftsman 6.5 HP 22" cut push lawn mower that will not crank. I have a pull bar to apply gas to the engine and it appears to be loose. Is there anything that I could do to fix it without a lot of expense?

Lawn mower will not crank, begins to crank and locks up. [ 1 Answers ]

I try starting my lawnmower (Craftsman DLT 3000, 18.5 HP), the engine starts to crank and locks up. I remove the spark plug and engine keeps cranking. When I put the spark plug back in the engine begins to crank and locks up. I can manually turn back the pully cover on top the engine and the...

Riding Mower won't crank or even make a sound [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Power Kraft mower (Briggs 18 horse). I had to jump it off last time I used it, and I mowed until it ran out of gas. By the time I got more gas, it would only slightly turn over, and it was getting dark. So a week later, I tried jumping it off again, but it wouldn't even make a sound. ...

12.5 murray select riding mower will not crank [ 2 Answers ]

I tried to crank my riding mower with no luck. I turn the key and nothing happens. Not even a clicking noise from the solenoid. I have replaced the solenoid, key switch, and both of the safety switches. It still won't turn over. The blades are disengaged and I push in the clutch brake. Please...

View more questions Search