Ask
    j1968 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 22, 2009, 10:56 AM
    My push mower starts, but doesn't stay rinning
    My Briggs and straton 6.5 hp push mower starts but doesn't stay running
    21boat Posts: 2,441, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

May 23, 2009, 12:07 AM

Does it have new gas from this year? If not that that can easily cause this. Use mud grade or better gas that's fresh.

If its old gas drain tank and start with new.

If that doesn't solve it then check fuel filter and needle and seat valve in carb/float.

Clean out with carb cleaner

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How much oil do I put in my push mower? [ 2 Answers ]

How much oil am I supposed to put in my push mower? Yes I know about checking the dipstick but I need to know the exact amount to put in there in the first place. It's the cheapest push mower Wal-Mart sells and it's the WeedEater brand made by Briggs and Stratton if I am correct. Thanks! ...

Craftsman mower stopped moving but blade engagement still works and mower starts [ 7 Answers ]

Can someone help me determine why my craftsman kohler engine 16hp manuel transmission riding lawnmower stopped being able to move but still is able to turn on/off and engage the mower blade? I have checked the clutch but it appears to work since the mower is able to be turned on/off. All of the...

Why does my push mower shut down and starts back up [ 3 Answers ]

How do I fix my lawn mower from shuting on and off

Cub cadet push mower [ 1 Answers ]

How do you set recoil on pullstart put new pullcord on but can't get coil spring back on

Push mower quitting. [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I just got my mower (5hp Briggs) out for the first time this year and refilled the oil and fuel. Started great then after about 5-10 minutes (about the time it should've been warmed up), it would kind of bog down and quit running. White smoke was coming out of the exaust and from the top of...

View more questions Search