Ask
    fixit55 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 20, 2009, 01:31 PM
    Craftsman leaf blower fuel starvation
    Craftsman leaf blower
    Model# 358.797770
    Serial# 97230N200584
    Disp. 32cc
    The blower will start as normal with the choke on and will come up to speed as the choke is slowly opened. It then runs approx. 5 sec. and will die. The run time can be extended slightly if the choke is closed or the primer bulb is pressed. I have replaced
    The fuel lines and installed a carb rebuild kit. The run condition remains the same and
    The fuel mixture needle adjuster has no effect.
    21boat Posts: 2,441, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Apr 20, 2009, 01:43 PM

Did you change the fuel filter?

Is this tested with NEW fuel and not any of last years fuel mix which is so much a problem now a days not to mention ethanol now being added to fuel
    fixit55 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 21, 2009, 08:06 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by 21boat View Post
    Did you change the fuel filter?

Is this tested with NEW fuel and not any of last years fuel mix which is so much a problem now a days not to mention ethanol now being added to fuel
    21 Boat
    Thank you for your reply. I did remove the tank filter to see if that would make a difference to the run time. It had no effect. I am running it on gasoline out of my main tank which was topped off last December.
    Thanks again
    Fixit55
    21boat Posts: 2,441, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Apr 21, 2009, 09:50 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ;
    the fuel mixture needle adjuster has no effect. I am running it on gasoline out of my main tank which was topped off last december.
    You might think I'm crazy but please try new gas. I top of many of tanks/gas tanks and still end up getting new gas to start many of our 2 cycles engines to run right. The new added ethanol is playing havoc on 2 cycles also.

The only thing left in the equation here is compression in cylinder to activate the fuel pump.
    Bad plug and or spark.
    The needle valve seat.
    Or bad fuel.

Try new high test gas and cheaply take that off the list. What's to lose.

Do you have an old plug to check for strong spark/ coil test which is you need to rev the engine.

This is for a chainsaw but it's the same thing for a small motor. There is a spark tester that looks a light tester also

YouTube - Chainsaw Ignition Coil Test

Just shooting things out here. The rebuild on the carb doesn't mean the carb was all cleaned. Also the exhaust ports right under the muffler could be clogged.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

205 craftsman gas leaf blower [ 2 Answers ]

What is the oil to gas mixture ratio for the 205 craftsman gas leaf blower? We have lost the owners manual.

Older (5-10 yrs) craftsman 5hp leaf blower/chipper [ 8 Answers ]

Anybody know how to start a Older (5-10 yrs) craftsman 5hp leaf blower/chipper? It has a primer, but not sure where to put throttle and how many times to push primer. Or what to do first. I can usually start it, but that's after I flood it and walk away pissed off. Then come back and sometimes...

Vanguard 16hp fuel starvation [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I've got a problem with fuel starvation with my ride on mower only owned this machine 2 days collected it from last owner seen it running on day of purchase driving it into back of vehicle up some ramps mower cuts out will not start lift bonnet fuel level very low reach conclusion run out of...

Craftsman leaf blower [ 1 Answers ]

I have an old craftsman leaf blower and it gets hot fast what could cause this.

Craftsman 2 cycle 230 mph leaf blower [ 4 Answers ]

I accidentally used regular Castrol 2 cycle motor oil (instead of craftsman synthetic) and now the engine is seized. What do I have to do to repair the engine? The manual states to only use synthetic so I assume Sears will not repair this unit as it is only 4 months old.

View more questions Search