Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    balth Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 16, 2009, 01:07 PM
    Blades Not Engaging- Craftsman DLT 3000
    My Craftsman DLT 3000 is running fine, but I am unable to get the blades to engage. When I raise the lever to get the blades to engage, it is stiff, and I get no movement from the blades. Looking at the little steel cable that the lever is connected to there's not great tension on the cable. When I got underneath it to look at it, I saw that the steel cable is connected to a spring. That spring stretched, but I'm unsure if it stretched enough to do what it is supposed to do. I am unable to see what the spring is connected to, so I don't know if something is faulty with the cable, the spring, or something further down the system. Can anyone here provide some clarity or a typical solution to this problem? Thanks!
    jmjoseph Posts: 2,727, Reputation: 1244
    Ultra Member

Apr 16, 2009, 02:05 PM
    Check the belts. Make sure they are going over the pulleys correctly(see diagram on blade deck) also, check to see if they are stretched-out. That's usually what the problem is.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Grinding noise from Craftsman LT1000 when engaging blades [ 6 Answers ]

Craftsman LT1000 riding mower, model 917.272761 About 5 years old, nothing but oil changes done on it Started having issues when lawn got high while I was away. When I came back and tried to mow (even at highest setting), the blade would get bound up on the grass and kept stalling the mower. ...

Blades Not Engaging- Craftsman DLT 3000 [ 1 Answers ]

My Craftsman DLT 3000 is running fine, but I am unable to get the blades to engage. When I raise the lever to get the blades to engage, it is stiff, and I get no movement from the blades. Looking at the little steel cable that the lever is connected to there's not great tension on the cable. When I...

Craftsman 16 HP model # 192.273360 blades rotate before engaging [ 1 Answers ]

Recently replaced vented mandrel and new blades, everything is fine until yesterday, before putting the blades in engaged position the blades are already running, and the belt is making a noise. I checked the bolts on the mandrel to make sure they are tight and the belt is tight, what am I...

Engaging blades on MTD [ 1 Answers ]

When I engage the blades on my ridin lawn mower the engine sounds like it is choked down. I can engage the blades while the motor is idled down and then give it gas and it works fine. Any thoughts?

Engaging blade on Sears LT 3000 [ 2 Answers ]

My Sears Craftsman LT 3000 was being used for the first time this year (its second mowing season). The blade quit turning in the middle of me mowing my yard. I didn't hit anything or run over anything and the grass was not in a tall area. I have tried to engage it several times but it does not...

View more questions Search