Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    elvisfan Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 6, 2008, 06:08 PM
    Changing Drive Belt on Troy Bilt Riding Mower 21HP
    I saw a previous question from cosmokramer about routing the belt on a troy bilt mower. I have a similar question for a troy bily riding mower 21HP model # 13AT609G76637747. How do you install a drive belt for this model? Is it the same as the answer to cosmokramer where you remove the cover? If so, what exactly is involved with removing the mower cover? This doesn't seem like a 15 minute job to me.
    gross7777 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 16, 2010, 02:56 PM
    I had a drive belt break (transmission short belt) and the manual says to take it to an authorized tech as several large components have to be removed. I found on the internet where you just take the battery out and everything is accessible from the top. It took me about 15 minutes to replace the belt. It initially did not work, but I noticed that a spring was loose and apparently it was to tighten the tensioner pulley, so when I hooked it to the side, which appeared to be the only place it could go, the mower then worked. Hope this helps someone else.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Troy-bilt riding mower drive problems [ 5 Answers ]

I have a troy-bilt riding mower and it sometimes gets stuck in gear and wants to keep moving whether it be forward or backward. I can put on the break and it still won't stop. I just had new drive belts put on. Could this have anything to do with it. If not what could be causing this to happen?

Changing Oil, Troy Bilt Riding Mower [ 5 Answers ]

I am ded3 and new at lawn care. I have a Troy Bilt riding mower and would Like to know where to drain the oil in order to change it as well as an easy Way to get to the spark plug. Can anyone help in simple language for Beginner?

Drive belt replacement for Troy Bilt Riding mower model #13AN779G766 [ 4 Answers ]

Does any one know how to properly replace a drive belt on a Troy Bilt Pony model # 13AN779G766 The trouble I am having is getting the belt on the pulley that is attached to the rear diff. anyone's help would be good. Thank you

Troy-Bilt Riding Mower [ 2 Answers ]

How do I route the drive belt for a Troy-Bilt riding mower? ModelD609G, 17.5 HP

View more questions Search