Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    maryjane726 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 8, 2008, 04:10 PM
    Murray rider mower blades
    :confused: :rolleyes: I have a 1994 murray rider lawn mower that I can not disengage mower blades? Model 3912-030 12 hp/39" deck/ the blades are engaged all the time / i have checked belt looks good / i have done some belt adjusting/ i have changed the mower deck engagement spring /mower starts only when i move engagement lever towards disengage position but goes back to engage position / however i can still cut grass "safety issue though " please advise/ thanks lou
    MOWERMAN2468 Posts: 3,214, Reputation: 243
    Ultra Member

Jun 10, 2008, 05:07 PM
    You have an idler pulley problem, or a blade brake problem. You do not indicate if the blades are turning fast when disengaged or not, so it is kind of hard to pick which is the problem.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ariens rider mower YT1138 Mower Belt Replacement [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I'm looking for info on replacing the mower belt on this unit. I have the belt, but need to know, maybe a diagram, on how to install it on the pullys. Any help greatly appreciated. How to find a manual would be great to. Thx

Murray 12.5 40" Blades will not turn [ 2 Answers ]

I have an issue with my riding lawn mower. The motor turns over and the mower itself drives but the blades will not turn. Its probably an easy fix but my mind can't get around how to make the blades rotate. Any help would be appreciated.

Sears rider blades won't turn [ 1 Answers ]

I replace the engine on a used Sears 42", 6 speed riding mower. My problem is that when I engage the blades the engine stalls. The belt, 1/2" wide seems to be in a bind in the engine pulley groove. It will turn the blades if I manually turn the engine in the reverse direction, but not going in...

View more questions Search